• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

zero stock of anything that fits the gap virtually anywhere
    Difficult finding replacements for built in stuff if the old model ain't around. Took me weeks to replace a microwave a while ago.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

[QUOTE=xoggoth;2804997]Difficult finding replacements for built in stuff if the old model ain't around. Took me weeks to replace a microwave a while ago.[/QUOTE

It's a free standing range cooker so the issue was find a range cooker that is 100cm wide, in stock with sensible oven sizes (Leisure for instance have very wide sides that make the ovens virtually unusable.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

watched TTSS last night.
        quite good. i didn't know they'd remade it.
        CBSWFB in sunny sarf herts.
        Saturday Lie in.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          AO screwed up a delivery of a Freezer in February and didn't bother to tell us that they couldn't deliver it until the day it was supposed to arrive (resulting in us having to purchase second hand at vast price)..

Hell will freeze over before I use them again (plus currys give 7% cashback, ao is 1%).

Also Mrs Eek wanted Red and AO don't have one - mind you no one has any range cookers as Covid has screwed up production - one company is quoting January (if you are lucky).
          Try RDO | Washing Machines | Dishwashers | Fridges | Ovens | Kitchen Design
          Not sure if they deliver near you, and you might not get cash back, but they are normally good on prices and delivery.
          And you can pick up the phone to talk to them, call in to collect, or just use their website.
          If that fails, what about John Lewis?
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

watched TTSS last night.
            quite good. i didn't know they'd remade it.
            CBSWFB in sunny sarf herts.
            Saturday Lie in.
            It wasn't bad, but the TV series is still the definitive version for me.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              AO screwed up a delivery of a Freezer in February and didn't bother to tell us that they couldn't deliver it until the day it was supposed to arrive (resulting in us having to purchase second hand at vast price)..

Hell will freeze over before I use them again (plus currys give 7% cashback, ao is 1%).

Also Mrs Eek wanted Red and AO don't have one - mind you no one has any range cookers as Covid has screwed up production - one company is quoting January (if you are lucky).
              Try Mark's Electrical. I bought cooker hood, wine fridge and they were great. Speedy delivery, best price too.
              I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Try RDO | Washing Machines | Dishwashers | Fridges | Ovens | Kitchen Design
                Not sure if they deliver near you, and you might not get cash back, but they are normally good on prices and delivery.
                And you can pick up the phone to talk to them, call in to collect, or just use their website.
                If that fails, what about John Lewis?
                The issue is one of availability - the problem with the cooker has been obvious for weeks but there was no stock of anything Mrs Eek wants anywhere - so we were hoping the cooker would last until whatever is screwing up production is fixed.

I've found one and it's ordered (see my complaint about a bug in Currys website above) just need to use other means to cook until the 15th when it will arrive and be installed.

Now just working out if we should replace the cooker hood (which has always been tulip) at the same time.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Walk walked.

Sunny for most of it but there's some very big black clouds out there at the moment.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Another grey, dry, mild-at-16°C sort of day

Comment

Finally managed to get Santander to accept a LPA.
                      Only taken two sodding months.
                      Now the addled one has online banking*
                      and the backlog of bills has been settled.
                      Geez.
                      don't get old without setting your affairs so that your carers can manage them, people.
                      you wouldn't Believe the aggravation and jobsworths they'll have to deal with otherwise.

Rant over

*she lost the cheque book, AND the debit card.

edit:
                      11000 posts!

Comment

Working...
                      X