• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well good morning all

It's a bank holiday but I'm working as, well, why not?

Blue sky with fluffy clouds here and there. Currently 14 degrees with a forecast high of 18 this afternoon. Cloud cover set to increase as the day passes but low chance of rain. Barometer up to 1019 mBar. I was going to say 1020 mBar but it's not quite there.

First coffee drunk. Croissant in the oven which will be accompanied by a second coffee when it's baked.

Just remembered I didn't put the timer on!

<scurries to the kitchen>

Timer now on. It'll get an extra minute but won't be burnt (she hopes)

Comment

Morning all

Dry.

Grey.

Cold. 18.0 deg in here this morning.

Sunless.

Barometer at 1019 mBar.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I was hoping BP would sneak in
        Last time I spoke to BP he wasn't in a great way (HMRC and loans getting to him again).
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Morning.

Woke up when it was dark realised it was a bank holiday and turned over.

Bloody cold though nice and sunny.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Last time I spoke to BP he wasn't in a great way (HMRC and loans getting to him again).
            Ah crap. I'll send him a note.

Comment

And my croissant was perfectly cooked!

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Odd things going on at mo.

Came back from walk with loony lady 1 to find my front tyre flat. Took ages to pump up and then took it to local tyre shop who didn't find anything wrong with it. Been ok since. Can't think why anyone would have let it down in a public parking space by some woods.

Technical oddities too. Used PowerShell to clear unwanted lines from a very large gpx file and found it was twice the size. Yet when I ran a comparison in Winmerge the modified file was as I expected, just the same as before but without the unwanted lines. Is there an evil spirit on my computer?
                Powershell by default saves files as Unicode rather than Ascii so it will be twice the size unless you tell it to use -Encoding ascii for the output
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Ah crap. I'll send him a note.
                  send him my thoughts as well, please?

Comment

morning all
                    clear and bright today.
                    stayed up late watching the wailerfest on BBC4.
                    a bit too much rum, maybe.
                    oh, well.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny and Simpsonesque out, 14°C and rising but not very much, as it's due to get a bit cloudier this afternoon

Comment

Working...
                      X