• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jainnode View Post

a few million squids i should think.
    those abominations aren't cheap.
    No doubt, but I think it was just rented for the rescue trip to the top of whatever mountain the imbeciles had got themselves stuck on.

Entertainment: "Shaft (2019)": very funny, lots of undeleted expletives mother****er.

I laughed a lot at this one.

Now we're on to the Oak Island nutjobs, the new season starts next week but we have another 2 hour recap this week.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Chicken madras with rice and naan for tea; very tasty

I've put the fire on for a bit to take the chill off the room. It would have been cheaper to have closed the window earlier so the chill didn't get in to start with, but I'm still revelling in the novelty of letting fresh air into the place

Comment

Originally posted by jainnode View Post
        very handy when waiting for a chinese eh?
        I think he wants fried rice not a happy ending...
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          No doubt, but I think it was just rented for the rescue trip to the top of whatever mountain the imbeciles had got themselves stuck on.

Entertainment: "Shaft (2019)": very funny, lots of undeleted expletives mother****er.

I laughed a lot at this one.

Now we're on to the Oak Island nutjobs, the new season starts next week but we have another 2 hour recap this week.
          Superb, I shall look forward to your synopsis of each episode again

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            I've put the fire on for a bit to take the chill off the room.
            Yup.

You and me, both.

Fan heater++.

It's back up to a nice toasty 21 deg now.

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Superb, I shall look forward to your synopsis of each episode again

As in "Oh, look they've found some more wood".
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 August 2020, 21:28.

Comment

As in "Oh, look they've found some more wood".
              I think there was some mud too

Comment

I think there was some mud too
                Not to mention the gravel.

And the odd tick bite or two.

Comment

Yup.

You and me, both.

Fan heater++.

It's back up to a nice toasty 21 deg now.
                  I just realised it's up to 22° in here - that's enough of the fire for now, I think

Comment

For some unfathomable reason, the boiler just fired up and the heating came on.

Ghosts? No.

The clock on the thermostat thinking it's 4.45 in the afternoon? Yes.

Why, how, when the clock changed such that it became so wildly out of kilter with reality is a complete unknown to me.

And there's a periodic beep somewhere in the local area, akin to a smoke detector with a duff battery.

And and, my new neighbour upstairs definitely moved in today and I got to hear, but not quite work out, everything they had on the tellybox this evening. Hurrah.

Comment

And and, my new neighbour upstairs definitely moved in today and I got to hear, but not quite work out, everything they had on the tellybox this evening. Hurrah.
                      Annoying

Then again, I once came back from the pub on a Saturday night to find that a violent gang had invaded the premises to steal a large quantity of drugs from the occupants of three of the other five flats (two of said occupants were brothers and the third a friend of theirs). Then the three of them decided, in their drug-induced paranoia, that another friend of theirs had set them up, so they kidnapped him and tortured him for several hours in a flat round the corner, and we ended up with police officers camping out in the hall 24 hours a day for nearly a week while they secured evidence. So you never know, things could get worse

Speaking of such shenanigans, tonight's movie premiere was The Purge (2013), in which a family is terrorised in their home on the one night of the year when the rule of law is suspended throughout the USA (a bit like the current situation when it's suspended in the White House for four years). It's entertaining enough in a fairly suspenseful and very violent way. But frankly, the family were such a bunch of dimwits and acted in such idiotic ways in the face of danger that it never came as much of a surprise when they walked into a bad situation

But there are four of these films and I picked the lot up cheap as a bundle deal, so I suppose I'll just have to hope that the people in the rest of them aren't quite so deserving of everything that comes to them

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X