• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car tyre pressures checked, as the last time it was done was when the temperature was about 30°C. Sure enough, down at 14° they all needed a little more inflating

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Phoned the parentals to enquire why I'm seeing selfies of my brother in hospital on Instagram.

Turns out he's been feeling unwell for a few weeks and asked my Dad to take him to A&E yesterday morning. If only he'd had his heart / pacemaker / bloods check up when it was due instead of it being cancelled a couple of months ago. Pretty sure he'd have only needed a meds tweak instead of two days in hospital...
      That sort of thing was one of the biggest failures of HMG's (lack of) pandemic planning. Still, I'm sure they'll be held to account when there's eventually an inquiry

Comment

Ongoing drizzle

Quite soggy now after the tyre-checking, but I daresay I'll dry off soon enough

Can't decide whether to go shopping or not. If I do, it'll probably be later on.

Comment

Alternating between torrential downpours and then sun, BBQ and smoker are still chugging along quite nicely.

Haddock has just gone in the smoker, should be ready in a couple of hours.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

The fabled rain and thunderstorms never materialised this afternoon. I did look out earlier and saw the clouds were getting greyer so maybe I have that to look forward to later.

Comment

And now it's started raining.

Comment

The fabled rain and thunderstorms never materialised this afternoon. I did look out earlier and saw the clouds were getting greyer so maybe I have that to look forward to later.
                According to

Lightning & Thunderstorms - United Kingdom, England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland

there's stuff going on around here but I've not noticed anything yet.

Hammering down with old women & sticks now & again, but it's stopped for the moment.

Freecell score (which started as badly as yesterday but): 88%, running average 83.4%.

Oooo, I think I can hear thunder, far far away, in the distance, like.

Just turned the wireless on on LW and it's crackling away like a good 'un.

In other news, had an email from S3 about that contract that was advertised on jobserve.

Don't think I'll bother though.

It'd interrupt my busy days.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 August 2020, 15:19.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

No thunder here, or not yet

The sogginess arising from the car tending earlier revealed that my clean t-shirt was smelling rather musty, and checking those still on the clothes horse revealed that they were a bit that way inclined too. So yesterday's batch is going through the washing machine again, this time on 60°C and with some of that oxy bleach stuff added to the mix.

Only a "time saver" wash though, as other than the mustiness they're clean

Comment

I do the cottons at 75 deg because that's faster (?) than 60 deg by about 20 minutes.

The hottest the brief one does is 40 deg which seems adequate for the smalls.

Been raining again.

Tea: Tesco battered cod (I thought it was haddock but it's cod), stewed pears (original batch, new batch done this afternoon) with custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Had a Tesco tinned ham with mustard sandwich on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread at about 16:00 since I felt slightly peckish.

Put a bit too much mustard on & nearly blew my head off. :cry:

Entertainment: probably "The Mechanic (1972)" with that Charles Bronson chap.

Apparently there was a gay subplot to the script that got taken out.

Computer Futures must be scraping the proverbial barrel if they are reduced to emailing an like me.

Or maybe the snowflakes don't know how to do bare metal programming any more.

Nothing inneresting seems to have transpired on the donner und blitzen front so far.

Speaking of which, how's your brother doing, NF?
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 August 2020, 17:04.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

And now it's started raining.
                      And it stopped 30 mins ago but is still dark. Mmmm
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X