• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Kedgeree for tea. Running low in my home smoked cod, they don't really do cold smoked fish in cloggers.
    Haddock is impossible to come by, so I ended up buying a smoker and doing it myself instead.
    Same goes for decent bacon.... or decent ingredients for that matter.
    maybe depends where you live.
    for the hague:

There used to be a small fish shop in Scheveningen who would smoke haddock for you if you ordered in advance.
    goedkoop and very nice AIR.
    decent bacon from any butcher in statenkwartier too, cut as thick as you like.

Comment

Morning all
      dark.
      wet.
      breezy.
      Tuesday <hump day this week>

Comment

Morning all

Dark, damp, windy out. Currently 16 degrees with a forecast high of 21 later. There was no active precipitation when I got up, just signs of overnight rain, but it has since started raining. The sun is supposed to make an appearance around lunchtime. Wind slammed my bedroom door shut at some early hour that I didn't appreciate. Barometer down to 1004 mBar.

Sleepy. First coffee being drunk.

Comment

been persisting it down all morning here.
          have to use my desk lamp, too.
          AND it's a bit KB too.
          a very demotivating morning so far.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey, drizzly, windy day out; 16°C now, and probably not getting very much warmer

Not as cataclysmic as the prognostications implied though, or not yet. I was woken up by the downpour at one point in the night; not sure what time.

And possibly unrelated, but for some reason I had quite weird dreams all night, none of which I can remember any details of now, but which also kept half-waking me up

Comment

Morning all

Got a bit soaked earlier on while having the first perambulation of the day.

Now drying up.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                It should be with you Real Soon Now

It's apparently worse over in Ireland though.
                Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                It's raining gently as determined by sticking my head out of the back door.

Seems quite calm out there at the moment.

Anyway TFBSZ.
                And so saying, within 15 minutes it arrived.

By 03:30 there were rivers of water flowing down the gutters in the road.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                It hasn't reached us yet; now due after 2am, continuing until mid-afternoon.
                Enjoy.

Morning all

UnDry.

Wet as an otter's pocket.

Raining old women & sticks.

Windy, so horizontal rain as well.

Grey.

Lighter grey now than earlier.

Sunless.

Cooler at 20.5 deg in here.

Barometer 10mBar lower at 992 mBar this morning.

Tuesday by all accounts.

Doomed etc.

Sheets off the bed & in the WM mostly because the top sheet now has a hole in it & is destined for the rag bag.

Happily enough, all the mad dreams have evaporated today so I won't be brooding on those all day.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 August 2020, 08:36.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Started off grey and windy, got rained on during my walk and now the sun's out.

Focaccia on second prove.

More recipe writing underway.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

If you were granted one wish by an evil almighty being, if you could just say "Destroy XXX" and all of XXX would be gone from the world what would you choose?

Keys would be a good choice. If all keys, in every sense of the word, became useless, people would be locked out of or inside their houses and other properties, unable to access safes/cars/computers, use keyboards etc. Loss of those tiny things would pretty well wreck the world.

Mind you, Timpsons etc. would do quite well out of it.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Anyway, off to meet at a boring art exhibition with various loony ladies later.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X