• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch: roast chicken fillet with bacon on top, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

It's the last of the chicken bequeathed by the late Strangelove Mater, and the dating is rather inconclusive.

I'd previously thought it must be 2013, but the only batch number I can find indicates 200712 16:14.

Nice enough and it was M&S chicken so there's that to consider.

The bacon is considerably younger being within the last couple of years (can't tell when since I repacked it for freezing otherwise the rashers can't be separated).

Might almost be at the end of the undefined "meats" inheritance.

It's getting wanly sunny out there now, with the greyness lightening considerably. (That's lightening as in getting lighter and less grey rather than donner und blitzen if you get my drift).

I was distracted by the prog on R4 at 11:00* so the vaccing was suspended for the duration.

*All about the glories of the ERM and our exit therefrom. 15% innerest rates. Who'd have thunk it? I lived on the innerest from my account for a while back then. I'd fecking starve to death doing that these days.

23.4 deg in here now.

Sweating again after the good Glengettie tea.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 August 2020, 12:06.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Exercise bicycling done, green ring closed

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Not sure what's going on with the family Zoom call tomorrow as my brother is the Zoommeister, and obviously the lightning strike means he can't be at his post
        Cancelled. Our Mum isn't very well today so has taken to her bed, one of my nieces has just been made redundant after several months on furlough so isn't in much of a chatty mood, and my brother is still stuck in a hotel with only his phone

Comment

Lunch has been Heinz oxtail soup, with both kinds of toast

Comment

Raining now, and the lightning map is showing some occasional activity moving slowly towards us from the south

Comment

Just remembered that I forgot to turn on the WM earlier.

Fridge emptying left overs were had for lunch.

Other left overs have been labelled and frozen.

Comment

Sunday shop done at Tesco and Morrisons.

How does one person go through so much in a week?

Baffling.

Walk walked, very close and humid.

Thought the clouds were looking threatening and indeed, voila! the rain began as I was showering.

Tea: several ham & mustard sandwichs on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich, blackcurrant jam sandwich, blueberry yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The remainder of the rough vaccing took place after I'd done the dishes.

And it is pissing down with no sign of any intention of stopping.

Entertainment: F & F Hobbs & Shaw.

Bought a replacement LED "bulb" for the fridge.

Naturally enough I'll have to empty said object and pull it out from under the counter before I can fit the fecker.

Lightning & Thunderstorms - United Kingdom, England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland

^^^ Just completely filled the screen with green lines.

If NF manages to miss this lot it'll be a miracle.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 August 2020, 20:35.

Comment

More leaves starting to turn on the chestnut trees. Soon be Christmas!

It's exceedingly grey and damp and gloomy out there, but they have all the lights on in the Polish café now they're letting customers in again, creating a hospitable warm glow reflecting off the rainy pavement outside

Comment

I noticed the leaves turning on horse chestnuts too.

Must be a thing.

Xmas?

Bah! Humbug!

Thankfully won't be celebrating it again this year.

Comment

Since next door (not the doctor's, the other side) was sold, the new landlord doesn't seem to bother keeping the front garden in trim - the previous one at least used to send someone to go over it with a strimmer occasionally. It's starting to get overgrown with brambles now, and there's quite a good crop of blackberries on there, though it looks as if the local birds have beaten any humans to them

Comment

Working...
                      X