• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    The bedding has dried very quickly on the clothes horse in the kitchen; should be ready to be put away later, unless I manage to find the energy to change the bed in which case it can get straight to work.
    The bed has been stripped and left to air for a bit, as the bedding washed earlier is almost completely dry, and any odd wrinkly corners that aren't will be by the time I get around to putting it on there

Comment

Another BBQ this evening, as the rain has been postponed until tomorrow.

Leftovers from yesterday plus some sausages, as HWMBO has risen to the challenge of making space in my freezer (so he can fill it up again next week...)

I only have a little BBQ (one of these) but it does very well for the space I have. I'd have a proper set up if I had the room

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea

We're now being given a 50% chance of a storm around midnight, which would be excellent timing. And as the temperature outside starts to drop the breeze seems to be picking up slightly, which will help circulate some cooler air through the place

Comment

Bed made, which is a lot easier when there's no duvet on which to put the cover, but still rather more exertion than I would have chosen

But it'll be worth it when I go to bed later, hopefully to the sound of a thunderstorm crashing and banging outside

Comment

Hot here. And that’s not just because of all the tidy up work we’ve been doing.

TFBSZ
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Currently 27 degrees. It may get as low as 21 around 5am.

Tomorrow's thunderstorm is now due around 1pm, an hour later than previously scheduled.

Comment

Tea: Tesco breaded haddock, orange segments & custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment:

"The Prisoner" E9 "Hammer Into Anvil " wherein our hero feck royally with #2.

"The Prisoner" E10 "It's Your Funeral " wherein our hero prevents an assassination.

"The Prisoner" E11 "A Change of Mind " wherein our hero is shunned and subject to an operation to calm him down.

Also the commentary on E11 by the writer which was reasonably cogent compared with some of the others.

"Angel Has Fallen" with that Gerard Butler geezer doing his Secret Service thing for the 3rd time.

Angel Has Fallen (2019) - IMDb

Suitably mindless & enjoyable entertainment with lots of guns, explosions, and the like.

And now it's almost time for today's 2nd shower before I go to bed.

24.6 deg in here currently, and probably hotter upstairs.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  "Angel Has Fallen" with that Gerard Butler geezer doing his Secret Service thing for the 3rd time.

Angel Has Fallen (2019) - IMDb
                  I thought it was OK, but not as good as the previous two; I felt like it tried to be a bit too clever and meaningful, and that's not what one looks for in those films

We got skanked out of our thunderstorm and now have a vestigial chance tomorrow afternoon, which is no good to anyone right now

Anyway… I don't often watch films midweek at the moment but it was too hot to concentrate on a book so I took my mind off things with Hitman: Agent 47 (2015), which (as I've said before) is much better than one might expect from a film based on a video game

And to follow, a couple more of S1 of The Sopranos, to wit, Boca (TV Episode 1999) and A Hit Is a Hit (TV Episode 1999) - the latter containing some interesting details about the music biz in the late 50s and early 60s which I suspect are closer to the truth than anything you'll find in the "official" histories of the era

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

It's currently 25 degrees and forecast to reach 33 later. My weather app says it's hazy but my eyes say it's clear sky and much the same as previous days. There's 60% chance of precipitation today with thunderstorms still due from around 1300. Barometer remains steady at 1014 mBar.

First coffee being drunk.

Too hot (me, the flat, not the coffee)

Comment

Morning denizens

High but not so dense haze here too, which means it's pretty sunny and already 22°C out

No thunderstorm here, but my brother's house, up in the Peak District, was struck by a thunderbolt overnight

He now has no electricity and a house that's in a state of ruin, according to the secondhand reports being passed along to me by our mother

Comment

Working...
                      X