• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

32C outside, video camera covered for this afternoon's meetings.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

So it is the same as the old cassette tape trick. Inneresting

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Send them our way
        It just rained around here, no donner und blitzen.

Freecell score: 89%, running average 83%.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (thick crust), red corner yog, couple of blackberry jam sandwiches, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

I think I'll go for a walk in a minute.

Have I mentioned how crap the new lawn is looking?

I marked it out in yard squares and the seed plainly didn't sprout in said markings despite being raked over.

Very disappointing.

And a couple of patches are obviously less fertile than others with depressingly little in the way of germination, possibly because the seed was spread a little thinly as the end of the box approached.

I suppose it'll fill in eventually, though I may just get another box of seed to help it along a bit.

The feathered friends seemed to take in innerest too, before it germinated.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 August 2020, 13:33.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The rest of the roast beef has been sliced, packaged and frozen: some bundled in sufficient quantities for a dinner, some the right amount for a lunchtime bap; all except for some that was used for lunch of a roast beef sandwich on white sesame bloomer

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            So it is the same as the old cassette tape trick. Inneresting
            Why break a brilliant and simple solution?

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              I think I'll go for a walk in a minute.

Have I mentioned how crap the new lawn is looking?
              Walk walked.

A deddus rattus was discovered in the side passageway, and on the trip down to the compost heap, the new lawn came under inspection.

It really is grim in parts and almost ready for mowing in other parts.

There's some broadleaved weeds taking advantage of the bareness of said grim parts.

I suspect some more grass seed and some of that lawn sand stuff should improve things a bit.

Oh, the expense.

Comment

Trying to renew my (overdue) TV Licence and the site isn't allowing logins, just locking up for twenty seconds or so then bailing with a "currently undergoing maintenance" message. Still, at least it saves me the trouble of looking up whether they still outsource it to Crapita

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Why break a brilliant and simple solution?
                  Sadly didn't work, same result as if it were in locked mode.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    Sadly didn't work, same result as if it were in locked mode.

OK, something else is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      OK, something else is wrong.
                      Sounds like it.

Tea: more of yesterday's roast beef, orange segments and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment:

The Prisoner "Schizoid Man" commentary: this was even more tedious than the commentary on the other ep, even included details of the chap's LSD experience.

The Prisoner E6: "Many Happy Returns" wherein our hero finds the village totally empty, builds a raft, escapes back to that London, finds someone else living in his house, gets the bunch of funnies he used to work for to launch an investigation, and voila! ends up back where he started.

Well there's a surprise since there's another 11 eps to go.

Comment

Working...
                      X