• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Another morning where I wake at 06:02 rather than 05:22.

Wet.

Very wet.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Dreadful.

Dire.

Depressing.

Sunless.

Windy.

And fecking Monday with it.

Telex machine is fecking gleaming this morning.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I decided I need a break from looking at screens of any kind tonight, so I started reading Alas, Babylon, a merry tale of nuclear apocalypse from 1959 that's been sitting on my shelf for ages. It's OK so far
      Sounds like I could have made a killing selling Cobalt Thorium G in that universe.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Dark, wet. Currently 17 degrees. Forecast high of 21 later. It looks like the rain may ease up and the sun should make an appearance later. Barometer down to 1008 mBar.

First coffee being drunk.

Comment

Lots of precipitation on the walk earlier, but it appears to be easing now.

Comment

Morning denizens

Damp day out. It doesn't seem to be raining right now but has been recently, quite a bit from the look of things. The sun's managing to just about appear occasionally, heavily filtered through thin cloud, and it's predicted to rain off and on for much of the day; 15°C at the moment, maybe reaching 20° later

Comment

Morning all

Dank,
              Cold,
              Grey,
              Miserable,
              Pissing it down.

Another weeks timesheets submitted.

1st coffee drunk, second being consumed.

Monday, again. Not that it makes much difference these days.

Contemplating joining a local gym, since I'm unlikely ever to return to Client Co. offices and use the one there (3rd party managed, not a Client Co. benefit, everyone pays including staff).
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Freecell score: 87%, running average 83% (83.334% & going down, but not in a good way).

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons Sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (thickest crust ever), bramble jelly on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt crust (end of last week's loaf), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Exercise bicycling done, green ring closed

Comment

Nearly had a heart attack there.
                      Had a phone call from Fareham, not a number I recognised and I thought it was just spam.

It was a child care company phoning to ask what time I'd be dropping my child off today .

No, I do not have any children.

Comment

Working...
                      X