• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walk walked.

Leg complained a bit.

Still sunny.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny out, with much white fluffiness; not too hot though at 18°C

Comment

Afternoon all

Cloudy but bright out. Currently 16 degrees with a forecast high of 20. Rained overnight but currently dry. Barometer down to 1016 mBar.

Bed change day. First load of bed linen is in the WM.

I will be taking HWMBO off to work in a couple of hours as he's got a course to teach. I offered to drive him to the venue so he can avoid public transport. He'll be away until I pick him up again on Weds afternoon. New format for the new times, be interesting to see how it goes.

Comment

Lunch: roast beef (which seems to have improved after being frozen for a fortnight or I cooked it better), red corner yog (pippy) (due to the lack of pudding rice, the lack of which may have improved the cooking of the beef), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            I decided it was time for a change from monsters and explosions, so tonight's movie premiere was The Lovely Bones (2009), in which a young girl murdered by the local pervert keeps an eye on what's going on with her family from a kind of hinterland of Heaven. It's very good, in a deep and meaningful way. Definitely in the "have to be in the mood for it" category, though

And that inspired me to continue with the theme of people who are or have been dead, which naturally led me to a rewatch of the excellent Constantine (2005) - though I was also inspired by a tweet earlier today asserting that this was "the first film in which the editors didn't have to digitally remove Tilda Swinton's wings"

And then S2E3 of Hanna: To the Meadows (TV Episode 2020)

It finally started raining around midnight, and has carried on for most of the time since. It turned out that some of the heaviest downpours, audible through the open window, coincided with related scenes in Constantine which is always a nice bit of synchronicity

Goodnight all
            Constantine the series on prime is cool.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              Constantine the series on prime is cool.
              Cheers, I'll have a look

Comment

Exercise bicycling done, green ring closed

Comment

Family Zoom call starts soon, so I've fortified myself with a couple of rounds of wholemeal toast

Comment

Zoom call done. Next week it's in the morning so the New Zealand cousins can join in

Comment

Sunday afternoon shop done, washed, rinsed, dried off and put away.

To celebrate the extraction of the two cartons of lamb bones from the freezer compartment of the fridge, there's a saucepan of lentil <pffffft> soup asimmering on the hob.

It's also got rid of some of the more questionable vegetables that have lurked around for longer than was sensible.

When I opened the car this afternoon the air coming out steamed my glasses up.

Comment

Working...
                      X