• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Did you remember to get your dinner out of the microwave?
    Oh yes!

It was chicken in red wine sauce, with chips and peas. Very tasty

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Morning all

It's a bit nippy out there for a July day. Cloudy with some patches of blue poking through. Currently 14 degrees with a forecast high of 18. Very low risk of precipitation. Barometer up to 1014 mBar.

First coffee being drunk.

Three hour workshop this afternoon with a bunch of IT architects. I may make up a flask of gin and tonic to keep me going.

Clear glass with lemon and ice. You look virtuous for drinking soda water with Ice & a slice.

Just don't mess it up by slurring your words.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Cod & Mackerel + chips.

Miss V3 and I painted a wall. She also painted a few other bits but hey not bad for a 6 year old. Mrs V told me off as miss V3 is now covered in paint but very happy.
        Last edited by vetran; 11 July 2020, 13:14.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Entertainment: HSB S3 E13; "Gung Ho" wherein a rookie gets killed and Belker meets his soul mate.

Now: Roswell: New Mexico S2 E3 "Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space"
          (continued): Some nonsense on Quest re Secret NASA files, alien jelly, N. Armstrong searching some meso american cave for an alien library printed on gold books, plus the unfortunate explosion of a Soviet rocket on the launch pad (with film).

HSB S3 E14: "Moon Over Uranus" wherein Renko gets demoted to giving out parking tickets whilst riding around on a Vespa, only to meet Sal Benedetto (Denis Franz in his first appearance as a character on HSB).

Not a good episode to be a survivalist.

Or to get bitten by a rat.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 July 2020, 22:13.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

TFBSZ
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Back in the times when what we got on the telly was whatever they deigned to broadcast, we used to moan about constant repeats. Now we decide what we watch and when we watch it. And, if you're anything like me, you watch a lot of repeats

Which is a longwinded way of saying that tonight's viewing (apart from Ambulance during dinner) was rewatches of films previously seen.

First up: Going in Style (2017), which is a great humorous heist movie in its own right, but also gives Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman, Alan Arkin, and others the chance to just have tremendous fun making a film; and the fun shines through

About fifteen minutes from the end, the broadband went down

But it gave me an opportunity of putting my money where my mouth is:

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              When mine goes down, I link up to the personal hotspot on my phone. 4G turns out to be good enough for most things, and it means I get to use some that data allowance I pay for but never seem to use much of
              I had to leave the film to go into the Apple TV settings app's network screen and tell it to use my phone. (Oi, Apple, make that easier! I shouldn't have to leave the paused film for that!) But once that was done, I resumed and watched the end.

And then, having checked Virgin Media's Service Status page, which by now was admitting that there was an area-wide problem rather than saying it was just me, I upped the stakes

So the next rewatch was Prometheus (2012), in 4K

And you know what? Although the first thirty seconds or so (which is just the vanity screens of the various producers and so doesn't matter anyway) was slightly less than perfect, the rest of the movie streamed perfectly in 4K to my Apple TV using the Personal Hotspot on my decrepit iPhone 6 on an O2 PAYG 4G connection

So sometimes, It Just Works really works

Oh, and the real broadband is back so the phone can relax now

Goodnight all
              Last edited by NickFitz; 11 July 2020, 02:33.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                So the next rewatch was Prometheus (2012), in 4K
                Also, Prometheus is actually a very good sci-fi film, and it would be more highly regarded if it hadn't been hampered by being a prequel to a film that a lot of dickheads fans are so obsessed with

Comment

I didn't mind Prometheus. I watched it as it it were a standalone film rather than look for plot holes that wouldn't make it work as a prequel.

Morning all

Blue skies have returned! Currently 15 degrees, forecast high of 21 this afternoon when cloud cover will return. There may be rain later, overnight. Barometer has lept up to 1024 mBar.

Today is a very exciting day. I am off to the hairdresser! Hence why I am up rather earlier than normal for a Saturday. Booked in for 9am. Be gone, foul greys!
                  Last edited by ladymuck; 11 July 2020, 07:36. Reason: Fat fingered typos

Comment

Morning all

CBS, etc
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I've watched the first 10 minutes of "Prometheus" off the Bluray, then decided I wasn't in the mood for it or innerested in it, so turned it off.

Morning all

Dry.

Sunny.

Not exactly warm at 17.8 deg in here.

1026mBar on the GDR barometer.

White sky.

Saturday judging by the crap coming out of the wireless.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X