• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did a walk about. Thought I'd dodge the rain but wasn't so lucky. It got heavy enough that I had to take shelter under the awning of a closed coffee shop. It was only for a few minutes and I was on my way again.

Google maps days I did 2.3 miles but also thinks I teleported part of the way. Fitbit says I've done 6,376 steps in total today.

Nice out, a good temperature with a cooling breeze. The rain seems to have sorted out the errant eye, which is handy as I forgot to stop at Boots for eye drops.

Comment

Late lunch was a hot dog in a finger bun with lashings of mustard and ketchup. Sadly I only had Dijon mustard in the fridge and was too lazy to make up a dab of English mustard from the tin of powder in the cupboard.

Oh. It's come over very dark out.

And someone has their car on tick over outside. I am presuming the vehicle has not been driven for a while and needs the battery charged up. I may go out and see whose car it is.

<Nosey neighbour update>
      It's someone over the road, being attended to by some recovery service.
      Last edited by ladymuck; 28 June 2020, 15:32.

Comment

Following the quick snooze to Comfortably Numb, Time, & Us & them, the trip to Tesco and Morrisons completed though I think I probably forgot something, though checking the list on the back of the envelope it looks like I got everything.

Then came the wash everything in hot water & Fairy Liquid part, which takes nearly as long as the shopping trip itself.

I'm sure it's not normal for one person to drink all this milk, eat all this cheese, and consume the rest of the stuff I buy every week.

Must add custard powder to next week's list.

Must get some cash from the bank too.

Oh, and it pissed down when I got back so I spent 10 minutes listening to the play on R4 rather than getting wet.

<taps screen: is this thing on?>

Tea: two ham and english mustard sandwiches on the last of the Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, blackberry jelly on same, yellow corner yog thing, cold rice pud, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: TBD but "Filthy Britain" in on at 20:00.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 June 2020, 17:03.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

As I hadn't watched a film in a while, I watched Lady Macbeth (2016) - IMDb

Not quite the Shakespearean tale. Set in the 1900's a young woman is sold into marriage in Northern England. Her husband isn't interested in her and gets off on making her stand naked facing the wall while he cracks one off. I assumed the husband was gay but it turns out he just doesn't like her. Good instincts but they don't save him. She proceeds to have an affair with a worker on the estate after the tyrannical father in law and husband have to go away for an extended period of time.

In turn, she kills the father in law (he beat and locked up her lover), her husband (he called her a whore and tried to beat up her lover), and a child who is the bastard son of her husband (the guardian of whom is trying to install him as the head of the household following a suspicion that his dad is dead). The lover cracks and can't cope with the guilt of what he's done for the psycho murderess to help cover her tracks. She blames him and another female servant who is mute.

She gets all the property and lives happily ever after.

Comment

dinner: more chilli, more rioja.
            HSB 3:11
            that station's more like a fecking knocking shop than a cop shop FFS.

Bowie on later, then beauty sleep for the incantationisating tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

Bowie on later, then beauty sleep for the incantationisating tomorrow.

Such a good word.

I will have another go at saying it when I'm next sober...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Such a good word.

I will have another go at saying it when I'm next sober...
                i'll no be haudin ma breath, then, hen.

Comment

I ended up putting my dinner on about an hour later than planned because I was bogged down in some work and forgot all about it

It's a chicken casserole though, so it'll still cook in time; just not quite as falling-off-the-bone as it would have been. Really nice aroma drifting in from the kitchen now its been on for a while

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    As I hadn't watched a film in a while, I watched Lady Macbeth (2016) - IMDb

Not quite the Shakespearean tale. Set in the 1900's a young woman is sold into marriage in Northern England. Her husband isn't interested in her and gets off on making her stand naked facing the wall while he cracks one off. I assumed the husband was gay but it turns out he just doesn't like her. Good instincts but they don't save him. She proceeds to have an affair with a worker on the estate after the tyrannical father in law and husband have to go away for an extended period of time.

In turn, she kills the father in law (he beat and locked up her lover), her husband (he called her a whore and tried to beat up her lover), and a child who is the bastard son of her husband (the guardian of whom is trying to install him as the head of the household following a suspicion that his dad is dead). The lover cracks and can't cope with the guilt of what he's done for the psycho murderess to help cover her tracks. She blames him and another female servant who is mute.

She gets all the property and lives happily ever after.
                    CBeebies has really livened up its schedule these days

Comment

Entertainment: HSB S2 E8 "The World According to Freedom" with the commentary turned on.

Now: "Filthy Britain".

Next: TBD.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X