• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    2 hours of meetings until weekend. TGIF. Beers in fridge ready.
    I have meetings 4 - 5 pm and then some write up to do. Tempted to pour that G&T now and do the write up from my sofa.

Comment

Popped up to the pharmacy for the monthly prescription. It's too hot to be walking briskly, but nevertheless that's what I did

And then, as I had to wait while they made it up, I walked on along the road to see if the barber Gents Hairdressers had any indication of when and how it might be reopening. No, was the answer, so I carried on and around the block on which it stands, then back to the pharmacy, collected my prescription, and so home. Walking time of 32"12', 1.62 miles, 185 active calories (whatever they are), 244 total calories, elevation gain of 29 feet (presumably all lost again as I'm back where I started, though possibly including coming up the stairs), average heart rate of 124bpm

Green ring not closed; I reckon it sussed out the couple of minutes chatting through the narrow gap of the window at the pharmacy and didn't credit me for them, so it's only booked it as 27 minutes

But I'll make up the rest going back and forth to the kitchen, so no worries

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        I have meetings 4 - 5 pm and then some write up to do. Tempted to pour that G&T now and do the write up from my sofa.
        Another mini adventure. I now have a G&T.

Comment

By the by, I reverse-trundled the recycling bin before heading off

Ours had been emptied despite containing at least one of the forbidden grey sacks, but others haven't been although they seem to have nothing untoward in them

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Another mini adventure. I now have a G&T.

try not to slur in the 4pm meeting, is it in a camouflage glass?

Cheap Scotch matched with IronBru in a long glass with ice is a winner. Leave the IronBru bottle out!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Well it's still 26 degrees out, per the app, and I'm just hearing the pitter patter of rain drops. App thinks it's still sunny but with 70% chance of rain.

Comment

Tea: Tesco chunky battered cod, stewed gooseberries and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: HSB S2 E5 "Fruits of the Poisonous Tree ".

Roswell: New Mexico S1 E5 "Don't Speak".

And some other stuff later.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

a pleasant afternoon was spent in the garden with a couple of good mates and a few socially distant tinnies,
                  dinner has been M&S lasagne <which i'm becoming overly fond of, i think>
                  and a nice, yes, you guessed it, Rioja.
                  apart from the discomfort from the heat, this has been a fine week, overall.
                  happy friday people

oh, Vera, for ents.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    oh, Vera, for ents.

Comment

Far too hot here

Apparently it's 23°C outside, but the light breeze has stopped and it's still 27° in here

Not sure what to eat; being overly hot tends to put me off eating, but I ought to have something. I'll have a dig in the freezer in case there's something interesting I've forgotten, otherwise it'll probably end up just being crisps or something like that

Comment

Working...
                      X