• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery life on USB ups

... It doesn't work over Bluetooth, just WiFi
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Bit more gardening done. :sweat:

Tea: Tesco chunky battered haddock, really oily, sufficient to fry the potato slices in, orange segments and custard, the last of Sunday's rice pud, very nice, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Was going to watch the Little Ships thing on BBC2 at 19:00 until I found that Dan Snow did it.

The Beiderbecke Affair E4.

Timeless S1 E4 with proper Nazis IIRC.

Quatermass (1979) E2 where the good professor did more stuff.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Took a walk up to the high street and along. Quite busy out. Almost feels normal except people are being nice to each other.

They were giving out face masks at Whole Foods.

Comment

This was a very interesting read. People don't realise how bad Polio could be and the parallels with current events are quite striking.

The man in the iron lung | Society | The Guardian

Comment

Evening all. Bit sticky and warm here - just clouding over a little.

Feeling a bit better today after a couple of freak outs last week.

Had an interesting chat with a pimp I've done business with several times before this afternoon. Instead of shutting him down and telling him I'm busy I broached the subject of doing his contract around my current (not too demanding) WFH contract which is mostly done at times when the Septics are awake.

I think there might be the kernel of an idea forming in my head now. Need to sleep on it but the possibility of trying to run multiple clients concurrently is something which had never occurred to me before. Have any of you guys managed it?
            Last edited by covbob; 26 May 2020, 19:42.

Comment

And above all I need a Plan B for when I finally get sick of networks - which might not be too long away now.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                This was a very interesting read. People don't realise how bad Polio could be and the parallels with current events are quite striking.

Actually we were talking about the other day with the MIL. She had a mild case and despite the best doctors ended up with weakened leg. Plenty of people had it far worse.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

That was excellent, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                    I think there might be the kernel of an idea forming in my head now. Need to sleep on it but the possibility of trying to run multiple clients concurrently is something which had never occurred to me before. Have any of you guys managed it?

Yep. I've done it. Works best with clients who are deliverables focussed rather than expecting you to do a certain number of hours. WFH at the moment makes it a lot easier to deal with those for the forseeable. I ran three clients all from home without any of them getting the hump and all work being delivered on time. It only lasted six months, which was plenty enough as I'm not sure I'd want to do 2.5 jobs for much longer than that.

You do need time management and prioritisation skills and be prepared to work some long days when the planets fall out of alignment and suddenly everything is needed all on the same day. If you managed time and priorities as best you can, it won't happen all that often but if can, it will.
                    Last edited by ladymuck; 26 May 2020, 20:06.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      That was excellent, thanks
                      I almost sent it to you for inclusion in Monday Links but worried that the foamy mouthed might baulk at a grauniad link and you'd lose readers

Comment

Working...
                      X