• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky a bit Simpsonsesque.

Tuesday.

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Cloudy start but the sun is breaking through now; already at 18°C, on target for 23° by teatime

Not the time I have my tea, obviously, as it’ll be starting to get dark by then

Comment

Morning all

Blue skies and high wispy clouds here.

1st coffee drunk. Breakfast was a bowl of bran flakes with honey.

Legs feeling it today after riding my first metric century in nearly 12 months yesterday, after buggering my knee last year.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Morning all

(checks it still is morning)

Sluggish start to the day. Had the most pointless of pointless meetings where the client just argued with itself (different depts) and us consultants were wondering why we were there.

Sun is out. Looks nice. I will endeavour to go for a walk soon. I managed just over 8,000 steps yesterday, and I want to get back up to 10k steps a day in order to shift the lard.

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          The Battle of the Bulge isn't holding my innerest.
          Different kind of bulge being battled but still not inneresting.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Morning all

Sluggish start to the day. Had the most pointless of pointless meetings where the client just argued with itself (different depts) and us consultants were wondering why we were there.

Sun is out. Looks nice. I will endeavour to go for a walk soon. I managed just over 8,000 steps yesterday, and I want to get back up to 10k steps a day in order to shift the lard.

You are there to make them feel important! just sit there and read a book.

Clear blue sky and breeze.

Pics or it didn't happen!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              You are there to make them feel important! just sit there and read a book.

Clear blue sky and breeze.

Pics or it didn't happen!
              Pics of what? Blue sky or me reading a book while being bored at work?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Morning all

Sluggish start to the day. Had the most pointless of pointless meetings where the client just argued with itself (different depts) and us consultants were drinking coffee and adding it to our billable time.

FTFY
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Exercise bicycling done

The Apple Watch informs me that I set “a personal best for the most calories burned while cycling!” which is nice

Still not very many calories, in the great scheme of things, but maybe I’m starting to get somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    FTFY
                    To be fair, I did make a coffee during the call and mentioned on our team Team chat that I was so pleased the bluetooth range on my headset extended as far as my coffee machine

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Exercise bicycling done

The Apple Watch informs me that I set “a personal best for the most calories burned while cycling!” which is nice

Still not very many calories, in the great scheme of things, but maybe I’m starting to get somewhere
                      Little and often and you'll get there in the end.

Comment

Working...
                      X