• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Strictly speaking, it’s not an f at all, it’s a long s, thus:

ſ

You’ll see that there isn’t a crossbar like an f
    Yef indeed, what the monkey faid.

If there a fount with that sort of f built in, juft afking like?

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    don't you need 'ff' for an 'f' sound?
    you didn't wash in Sairy, did you?
    so it would be Ffairy, maybe.
    Only Yng Nghymraeg where the single f is a v sound and the ff is an f sound, and the ll is a sound the English cannot make.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 May 2020, 15:58.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Only Yng Nghymraeg where the single f is a v sound and the ff is an f sound, and the ll is a sound the English cannot make.
      wot about persons of the jockinese persuasion??

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

It’s in Unicode:

ſ
        LATIN SMALL LETTER LONG S
        Unicode: U+017F, UTF-8: C5 BF

so any font that supports that block has it

Comment

Lunch was borscht that HWMBO had made as part of his birthday feastings and saved some for me to try. It was very good.

Comment

dinner was more stovies.
            delicious IISSM.
            and more Rioja.
            no day off tomorrow, the bounders moved it.
            van der valk later.

Comment

More left overs for dinner from his birthday extravaganza.

Starter of beef rendang and Indonesian beef satay.

Followed by milk roast chicken (no idea) and coconut rice.

Comment

Odd the way things mysteriously disappear. Down the garden I had a sort of monster I made out of some unused wire baskets and liner. It had two big bloodshot eyeballs I brought at a local novelty shop. One has now gone, nowhere to be seen. I can only assume some predatory bird, like a magpie, thought it was an egg and carried it off.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Tea: beetroot sandwich, bramble jelly sandwich, Heinz vegetable soup with added hot smoked paprika, yogurt, corner yogurt, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: The end of "The DaVinci Code", all of "Angels & Demons" which I found rather more to my taste, now the end of "Homeland" S8 E12 wherein it's all wrapped up, I assume, since it's 2 1.25 hours long.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 May 2020, 21:31. Reason: Misled by the tv times over its duration.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lamb stew for tea; very nice

Comment

Grilled shoulder lamb chops, beef sausage with chili and paprika, plus white sweet potatoes on the braai. Albarino was a good following wine.

Sweet is the Spring, swallows in the air.
                      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
                      X