• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Essay done, as in I'm done with it. Final course assignment submitted.

Just the exam to go which will now be open book with 24 hours to complete at home, unproctered, rather than 3 hours closed book in a drafty hall in Bayswater.

I just hope there isn't a bloody essay question.

Comment

Tea: spag with that chilli bol I made a fortnight ago. It seems to have benefited from the stay in the freezer.

Sweet: custard with stewed gooseberries and apple.

0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Not much apple left but there's half a 2 litre icecream carton of frozen gooseberries in the freezer.

Tomorrow's lunch will benefit in turn from the packet of frozen peas BBE Dec 2013.

I await this with innerest.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Bed made.

Very pleased with myself for remembering to do it early rather than at bedtime.

Comment

Once again, the Chinese appears to be accepting orders on Flipdish but not on JustEat, and the phone goes unanswered. I suspect they still aren’t open and have just forgotten to update Flipdish again

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            So. I've spent hours (literally, minimal procrastination) trying to find out how Src kinases are activated. All I've been able to find, using the OU's library that does have access to a heck of a lot of research papers, is that there's some signal received that either:

disrupts the SH2 - C-terminal bond, or
            disrupts the SH3 - linker domain interaction, or
            dephosphorylates the tyrosine side chain on the C-terminal end, or
            a combination of some or all the above.

Basically, nobody knows.

So the part of the requirement where I am to describe "how and in what circumstances it is (de)phosphorylated" is actually impossible to deliver.

The course materials don't cover it. The researchers haven't figured it out yet.

I guess I will just summarise the research, cite the sources and say, "I dunno".
            think i understood the word minimal
            Married

Comment

Originally posted by AndyGarbs View Post
              think i understood the word minimal
              Same here

Comment

and the stovies turned out to be a fine example of the genre.

with more Rioja.

telly's pish again.

meh.

Comment

I am venturing out in search of takeaway food

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    well, remember, - be careful out there.

<yes, i'm watching HSB again>

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      The Chinese was all in darkness

So I carried on up, to where KFC has just reopened, though for delivery and drive through only.

And so round to the chip shop I spotted was still open the other day, where I got fish and chips

Nice big fish, fried to order. Chips had been sat there for a bit, but you have to expect that at that time in the evening. Their main catchment area is a pre-war council estate, filled with normal people who have their tea at teatime as normal people do, so it’s just luck if you get there in the evening when chips have just been fried. No other customers appeared while I was there, though a couple of young lads were heading towards the place as I departed

And round the corner from there is a small parade of shops, which I noticed includes a Chinese which is still open. In fact, there’s always been a Chinese there, but it’s recently been revamped and refurbished; very swish looking. I shall investigate it online and, should the verdict be favourable, will consider transferring my custom there until such time as the usual place reopens.

Comment

Working...
                      X