• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    The foreseen pandemic? In January China and the WHO were claiming it wasn't passable from human to human, it was from eating contaminated bats. Or do you mean because a book from 1981 supposedly predicted it? Come on, Nick, had you down as more realistic than AtW.
    A pandemic of something was known to be the number one threat to the UK for well over a decade. They thought it would probably be some flu variant, but that doesn’t really make any difference in those aspects of preparedness the government needs to be on top of.

Comment

arent there enough threads on that subject? just askin like.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        arent there enough threads on that subject? just askin like.
        This isn't a thread, it's a brief, sensible natter somewhere AtW doesn't stray to ruin things with his mass hysteria.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Buttered wholemeal toast for breakfast

Made a nice change; I usually just have a bit of fruit with my coffee, if that. Now to see what effect it has on my desire for lunch

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            somewhere AtW doesn't stray to ruin things with his mass hysteria.
            He hasn't been in here to demand the thread's deletion for a while.

Sun's out.

Sun's gone in.

Sun's out again.

Bright white sky.

Black sky.

The weather's getting in all of April's uncertainty in 45 minutes.

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            This ******* thread will be closed and deleted once it reaches exactly 32,768 pages.

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Today, at 6pm local time this thread will be deleted!!!

It has been arranged!
            Fixed.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 April 2020, 11:39.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              The GP hasn’t sorted out the prescription thing

Have to phone them tomorrow and see if that gets it dealt with. If not, I’ll make an appointment. That won’t be for at least a week, I imagine, so as well as getting him to fix the damn dates on the computer I’ll ask him awkward questions about the ones that say “Do not stop taking unless your doctor tells you to” as I’ll have been without them for a few days by then
              So, I phoned them up, and they explained that they’ve pre-approved all my prescription requests up to August - they ought to just go out to the pharmacy each month automatically.

Would have saved some confusion if they’d actually told me that rather than just locking me out of the prescription request thingy that I normally have to do every month, such that I had to phone them to find out what’s going on. Maybe they just wanted someone to talk to

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                Search URLs don’t work for other people. It’s one of the worst aspects of the vBulletin search system

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Search URLs don’t work for other people. It’s one of the worst aspects of the vBulletin search system
                  Fixed.

Sun's out.

Blue sky.

White fluffy clouds.

Windy.

Lunch: two ham & mustard sandwiches on Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed bread, poached tomato and scrambled egg (leathery enough to come out of the dish in one piece) on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (crust), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The ongoing reading of "Legacy of Ashes" has traversed Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan and is now beginning the Bush 41 years.

Comment

lunch was two slices of strong english cheddar toasted on wholmeal bread, with lashings of black pepper and a dash of L&P sauce.
                    and 400ml of earl grey.

new drumheads have arrived

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      The ongoing reading of "Legacy of Ashes" has traversed Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan and is now beginning the Bush 41 years.
                      And we get to the glory years of the user of the muff flavoured humidor.

Comment

Working...
                      X