• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Tea has been one-and-a-half pan fried duck breasts with fries and sweet chilli sauce, just for a change. Very nice

The other half has been kept back for lunch, or maybe even breakfast, tomorrow
    As predicted, lunch has been the remainder of the duck breast, in a wholemeal bap

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      As predicted, lunch has been the remainder of the duck breast, in a wholemeal bap
      Hope you've drizzled a bit of hoi sin sauce on it.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Apparently the BBC did one of those terrible telethon things. I am pleased to report that I was completely unaware of it in advance, and saw not a second of it

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          Hope you've drizzled a bit of hoi sin sauce on it.
          I would have done, but I didn’t think I had any. However, it turns out there’s a bottle right at the back of the fridge, BBE May 2019

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            Lunch - last two sausage rolls from a Gregg's 8-pack from Iceland - hope for you yet Fitzyboy!!!
            I’ll check out the queue at Iceland as and when I go out the back for the black bins, which I just heard being trundled and which have probably been left scattered across the pavement of the side road again, directly opposite said queue

Comment

Polish beans & Bacon. Very nice.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Haloumi salad with garlic bread for lunch and a pint of cold-brew tea.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The black bins have been left in a fairly orderly arrangement, probably because there weren’t so many put out this week. They still should have been brought back in by the bin operatives, but at least they aren’t blocking he entire pavement.

The first floor back (Lithuanian couple) appear to be setting up a barbecue in the back yard

Comment

Everything out of the WM and the TD.

Sheets still on the line.

100 or so pages into "A legacy of ashes: the history of the CIA".

Rather less stultifying a read than Mitrokhin.

Just got as far as the triumph of the fall of Mossadeq in Eyeran.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

"Linner" has been a three-egg omlette* made with some semi-dried tomatoes (made last week before they went furry) with mushrooms, speck and a sprinkle of mozarella.

It was rather substantial and, thankfully, reasonably tasty.

*never sure where the line is drawn between something more akin to a frittata and an omlette. Basically I chucked leftovers in a pan and glued them together with egg.

Comment

Working...
                      X