• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all. Sun's making an effort to break out though it's still chilly out there. I'm wondering where is best to concentrate my efforts today. Probably more garden based fettling is advisable.

All the crap got burned last night. Took 2 hours. An interesting feature of the still night was the echo of the trains in their tunnels on the Penistone line over the valley - a strange howling noise which put me in mind of the Vulcan bomber. Presumably it was the tunnel between Berry Brow and Honley, and then the other one between Brockholes and Stocksmoor.

Comment

Morning all
      Back in from a stroll on the hill where The Dog (tw) and I saw no one. It was lovely.

Now home to make rhubarb & ginger jam, some more bread, and pesto.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning All

Weather - dry, bright 8 degrees

Breakfast - Bran Flakes, OJ, Toast (Brown Bread), Coffee

Lunch - Leftover pasta carbonara

<hiatus>

Nice haircut from MrsAG - Number 1 all over
        Last edited by AndyGarbs; 19 April 2020, 09:26.
        Married

Comment

Good morning

Sunny out. Lovely day forecast.

Cleaned the bathroom after my shower.

Had a go with my sourdough starter. Will see what I end up with. It had a very slow rise overnight. Only did a very small attempt, enough for four little rolls as a trial.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Good morning

Sunny out. Lovely day forecast.

Cleaned the bathroom after my shower.

Had a go with my sourdough starter. Will see what I end up with. It had a very slow rise overnight. Only did a very small attempt, enough for four little rolls as a trial.
            87% of Brits now in emotionally abusive relationship with a sourdough starter
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I heard about that. It's worse than having pets or children!

Comment

Would have helped if I'd remembered to take the piece of lamb, the lamb's heart (stuffed), and the unidentified piece of meat out of the freezer last night.

However, half an hour in the microwave on defrost seems to have returned flexibility and a lack of crunch to said comestibles.

Quite how wonderful they turn out is another matter.

I'm tempted to extract more of that apple from the freezer, it was nice enough.

There are no more raspberries but there's a two litre icecream carton of green gooseberries just waiting to be stewed, very probably from 2011 or 2012 IIRC, this being around the last time Strangelove Mater was still capable of such things, though 2013 is a possibility since Strangelove Pater was still around to help pick stuff.

What they'd think of the present state of the garden I really don't know.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

century drivel
                  Married

Comment

Married

Comment

family quiz on Zoom at 11am
                      Married

Comment

Working...
                      X