• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    My starter failed as it turned out room temperature in a tight Northern bastards house (about 62 degrees) is too cold, been testing various spots around the house to find places nearer the 80 degrees needed, but will also use warm water next time as well to help it along
    I'm having the same issue with my homebrew. 18 to 20 degrees? For a week?

Comment

Ah, more stuff from my long gone youth:

Search Results - BBC Genome

Unfortunately I can remember a lot of those.

Rather better than films I watched last week.

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        The assembled congregation will be pleased to know that I've turned the ring off on the cooker to avoid the disaster that happened last time.
        Skilfully done

I’ve now got the bone from Sunday’s roast shoulder of lamb, accompanied by certain vegetables and herbs and a lot of salt and pepper, simmering very gently in the slow cooker to produce lamb stock. This evening, that in turn will be used with spuds and the rest of the meat (of which there is a lot) to make a simple lamb stew

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Ah, more stuff from my long gone youth:

Search Results - BBC Genome

Unfortunately I can remember a lot of those.

Rather better than films I watched last week.

The Bond film I watched last night carries on from where the one I watched on Tuesday left off, so there were various references to what had happened at the end of it. I had to rack my brains to remember what had, in fact, happened at the end of it, even with the hints from what they were saying

If I’d known there was going to be a test…

Comment

Lunch comprised half a tin of Heinz chicken and vegetable soup and a chocolate brownie

Comment

Lunch was some bread with cheese.

I don't like to big myself up, but today's loaf is yum. If I can repeat that level of yumminess, I will be happy.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                I'm having the same issue with my homebrew. 18 to 20 degrees? For a week?
                i used to use a fishtank heater(submersible) for home brewing.
                worked a treat AIR.
                they're not expensive either.

Comment

The much anticipated Excavation In The Freezer has revealed some frozen raspberries (pre 2014 at a gues), some frozen apple (sliced up but uncooked), some M&S frozen peas from early 2013 (they're BBE 2013 so must be earlier than that), a large packet of frozen chicken breasts, and some frozen gooseberries.

I managed to chisel off bits of the frozen apple and it's defrosting & rehydrating at this very moment.

The frozen raspberries are doing the same, the rest of it went back whence it came for further excavation at a future date.

Found some lamb, a leg of lamb, a lamb's heart (stuffed), and some bacon ready portioned up for liver, bacon, & onions.

All good stuff.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch has been chicken and barley soup, with both kinds of bread

I’m going to be back in panic mode over fitting stuff in the freezer again soon. Got two portions of ribs to squeeze in, two of chicken madras, and there’ll be who knows how much lamb stew as of this evening

I need to start making meals that are done when they’re done, rather than extending through time like something in Star Trek emitting tachyons.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Lunch was some bread with cheese.

I don't like to big myself up, but today's loaf is yum. If I can repeat that level of yumminess, I will be happy.

Comment

Working...
                      X