• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    You all think I'm bonkers but I keep saying, it's the end of days!

If I were allowed out, I'd have me one of them sandwich boards
    yay, cardboard sarnies!
    bring back British Rail!

<and other incantations>

Comment

Or a board of sandwiches

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        You all think I'm bonkers but I keep saying, it's the end of days!

If I were allowed out, I'd have me one of them sandwich boards
        Indeed

Tea ended up being lamb shank in red wine and redcurrant sauce (out of the freezer from a few weeks ago) with potato wedges and petits pois

Nice enough, but it's no chow mein

Comment

I thought The End had come.

We just had a 10 minute power cut.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Overheard today’s 4pm call.
            The Wife’s (tm) manager wasn’t on it, as she’s confirmed with CV-19.
            UK NHS mental health guidelines have been torn apart as too political and not medical enough. They were due to be released on Tuesday. Might be delayed a bit if they’ve actually listened to The Wife.
            Private health organisations are refusing to push through requirements as it will affect shareholder dividends.

The medical professionals are all in agreement on what is going on. Those that disagree seem to be influenced by politics and money, not health.

This tulip is scary.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Entertainment (continued): TAOM E8: power, as in water, steam, thermodynamics, some poetry I didn't understand.

And to celebrate the current situation: "12 Monkeys".

It somehow seems appropriate.

Can't think why.
              Gosh.

Did anyone else spot the hamster in 12 Monkeys?

It's pointed out in the accompanying documentary.

Also a bit at the end which sort of changes things a tad.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Whilst dining, I started watching the Horizon special about SARS-CoV-2 on iPlayer. Interesting enough; helps to fill in the background of stuff I pretty much knew already so far.

First film of tonight was Hustlers (2019), based on the true story of a group of New York “exotic dancers” who took some innovative and highly illegal approaches to the business of maximising the amount of money they obtained from their clients. Reasonably entertaining in its way.

And after that, the not-meant-to-be-but-turned-out-to-be final film of the Divergent series, Allegiant (2016). It featured the handwavery and just plain gaps in rationale that crop up a bit too much in this series, but also lots of cool effects and so forth. It’s good enough fun as long as you don’t ask too many questions. It obviously leaves some stuff open at the end too, as they expected to finish the whole thing off in the fourth film which now won’t be made, or so I understand, which is a shame as it would be nice to see it all tied up with a neat bow

Still quite warm in here although it’s cooled down a fair bit outside. I’m considering the notion of leaving the bedroom window open a few inches tonight, as I used to do that all the time and it’s nice to have fresh air circulating while one sleeps. Hopefully it won’t get too cold though

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Clear blue skies, about to go out with The Dog (tw), then spend the rest of the day in the garden.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Comment

Working...
                      X