• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Dry.

Sunny.

Cold.

Saturday apparently, judging by the wireless.

IR35 mentioned on "Today".

Oh, and the wind is rising.

Spoke to her next door over the garden wall.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 March 2020, 10:39.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Beautiful day out.

Walked up to the High Street to drop a parcel off at the post office.

Strolled along to Wilko and picked up some washing machine cleaner. They had stock of toilet rolls and anti-bac wipes. Old ladies buying 4 roll packs were being offered a 9 roll pack at the till to save them having to come out again for a while. Nice touch I thought.

Spotted a new brunch style cafe that must have recently opened. Shut now obviously. It looked nice, I hope they survive so I can pop in.

Stopped at the pharmacy around the corner from me to see if they had hand sanitiser. They did! I have now a 70% alcohol spray and a small foam sanitiser that's not alcohol based for my handbag.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Mix of sun and patchy cloud out, 9°C, dry, and a bit of a light breeze going on

Comment

The Polish café is open. I hope it’s for takeaway only

Comment

It being a nice day, I opened all the windows.

I'm now cold so I've closed them again.

Comment

Forgot to report that bed linen is being washed today.

First load was done this morning: the bottom fitted sheet, pillow cases and pillow protectors. I seem to have left one of the protectors in the WM as I am one short!

Load two that is just on its spin cycle is the duvet cover.

Last load will be the mattress protector.

Comment

Lunch has been sausages in finger rolls; red sauce. Lush

And the mundane laundry is on

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  It being a nice day, I opened all the windows.

I'm now cold so I've closed them again.
                  Dashed chilly, that easterly breeze. I’m still thinking of opening the living room windows for a bit though. Probably just the novelty of it all

Comment

Boots Opticians. Need over specs for Contacts. WFH permanently has made that clear.

Wokingham Market was open, selection of pastry goods purchased for consumption over the course of the weekend. All consumed in one sitting over a cuppa.

Fat loss program has been paused, along with Sky Sports (FYI Sky - High demand )
                    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

lunch was oxtail soup with scottish oatcakes broken in.
                      scrumptious.
                      and 80Cl of earl grey tea.
                      lovely day in sunny sarf herts.
                      a bit king billy in the wind though.

bored now.

this is NOT going to be easy
                      i use the pub for three hours or so every afternoon, or i did

Comment

Working...
                      X