• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea tonight has been chicken jalfrezi (Patak’s) with the usual rice and naan, and was very nice indeed

The remaining two portions will take up yet more room in the freezer, and will be followed shortly by Scotch broth; so I’d better start using up frozen stuff over the next couple of days so I can get it all to fit

Comment

'Tis amazing how long one can take to find something to watch.

Hundreds* of films & still nothing to watch.

*Possibly a thousand.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

*Possibly a thousand.
        Same here

Tonight, I resumed watching Edge of Darkness (which I was watching a while ago but for some reason stopped) with E4, Breakthrough (TV Episode 1985).

Earlier I got accidentally tagged in to a Twitter conversation between some American guys about - surprise - COVID-19. One of them (@NickFritz20; explains how I got accidentally tagged in when somebody mistyped his username even though he was already in the thread so they didn’t need to) was describing a weird lurgy he’d had from the end of January through early February, with which he’d start the day feeling fine, then mid-afternoon or so he’d suddenly get feverish and feel terrible, then recover again at night. This went on for a while, and then one day he was suddenly completely better. Sounds extremely like what I’ve been dealing with these last few days. Anyway, he has no idea if it was the current plague or just some bug, but it’s interesting that somebody in the USA seems to have had whatever I’ve got. Sounds like he had a much worse cough though; I haven’t really got one at all.

Anyway, early night for me to see if I can kick whatever it is into touch

Goodnight all

Comment

Good morning all!

Daily Report
          ########

Location - Currently WFH, soon to be Ysbyty Gwynedd!

Weather - Dark and Wet.

Parish Notes - Spoke to mother yesterday morning, wasn't happy with how she sounded so I phoned an ambulance - turns out that this was a good thing because after tests she's now safely in hospital. Now for the bad news, turns out that what I thought may have been a stroke has been diagnosed as "cold sepsis" which can cause mental confusion, slurred speech etc... Be aware of this if you're talking with elderly relatives and their speech is slurred etc.

Got a call yesterday evening from the Doctor explaining that due to Mum's underlying conditions, old age, COPD etc. that they're not going to put her in the ICU but they would make her comfortable.

When mum was in hospital over XMas and New Year, she signed a DNR - the Doc explained that the prognosis wasn't good given age, frail condition etc. Was I aware what the DNR meant? I told her that I understood what she was trying to tell me and that I'd let the rest of the family know mums wishes and that I agree fully with the Drs course of action, no ICU etc.

So, off to sunny old Bangor and Anglesey today to see mum and sort stuff out.

Getting "old" isn't the way to die, it's tulip.
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
              Getting "old" isn't the way to die, it's tulip.
              It is for me.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

*Possibly a thousand.
                Have you considered Netflix?

Comment

Morning all
                  Married

Comment

Originally posted by AndyGarbs View Post
                    Morning all

How are you?

Comment

Morning all

Not sure about the outside world, but my temp is normal