• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Terrible place to drive to, being basically a big village with concomitant roads
    palinilap

Comment

Popped into the Lloyd's bank by the Clock Tower to get some cash; they’re not allowed to have the cash machines on the outside because of the stonework, so fully 90% of the people going in must be like me, customers of other banks just wanting to get cash because they’re the nearest cash machines to the Clock Tower, around which the entire life of Leicester revolves.
      Just remembered, it gave me my first new £20 note! However, I didn’t realise until I took it out to pay the butcher, so I didn’t have a chance to examine it in any detail

Comment

Just remembered, it gave me my first new £20 note! However, I didn’t realise until I took it out to pay the butcher, so I didn’t have a chance to examine it in any detail
        Had my first one, from cashpoint, when I paid Landlord in London. I quite like them....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Had my first one, from cashpoint, when I paid Landlord in London. I quite like them....
          The butcher seemed quite amused by my excited cry of “It’s the first one of these I've had!” as I took it out to hand it to him

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            As featured nearly four years ago: https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ol-cccxxx.html

Comment

Morning all!

Daily Report
              ########

Location - Bolton-sur-les-Collines

Weather - Bright and Sunny, a little chilly.

Parish Notes - The Russians are heading home today, happy. The hardware will be dismantled over the next couple of weeks, loaded onto trucks for the trip to the arsehole of Russia and rebuilt ready for commissioning in about 2 months time. The equipment will spend the next 20 years doing what it does without seeing daylight other than in component form for replacement/refurbishment.

Zig - In "doing his part for British Manufacturing" mode!
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Morning all, end of another fun-filled week

Weather - sunny, 6 degrees

Breakfast - Bran Flakes, Cheerios mix (Tesco home brand)

Lunch - Fish, Chips, Mushy Peas
                Lunch MrsAG - Pork Belly with Mungo beans (?)

Covid-19 Status - still healthy

Coffee time
                Married

Comment

I had my first attempt at making madeleines this morning, using the tin HWMBO's ankle biters gave me for Christmas.

Texture, shape, taste all good.

Didn't get them out quick enough as I got distracted and they caught around the edges.

But, overall, I am happy with the outcome and have already eaten the 10 I made.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    I had my first attempt at making madeleines this morning, using the tin HWMBO's ankle biters gave me for Christmas.

Texture, shape, taste all good.

Didn't get them out quick enough as I got distracted and they caught around the edges.

But, overall, I am happy with the outcome and have already eaten the 10 I made.
                    Did memories come flooding back when you ate them with a nice cup of tea?

When in with the hoi polloi the gateway timed out

Home again home again jiggety jig (or as close to a jig as I can make it considering the state of the legs at the moment).

Lunch: Poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (crust), beetroot sandwich, bramble jelly sandwich, 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Smalls out of the TD.

Cottons in the TD.

Shirts in the WM.

It'll be all change in about 10 minutes or so.

Sky: white.

Sun: gone in.

It's not looking too promising out there.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch has been a couple each of the Lincolnshire sausages and rashers of smoked shortback from the market, in soft white finger rolls with lashings of red sauce. Lovely stuff

Comment

Working...
                      X