• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inside IR35 contract is giving me the Tulips. I think I prefer the Daffs, since I'm more Narcissistic. No Snowdrops or Snowflakes around here.
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Morning all!

Daily Report
      ########

Location - Worcester

Weather - Bright, Blue sky, some dark clouds.

Parish Notes
      ########

Had a blow out - ~70mph, right hand lane of the M5, Rear offside Tyre. Car is fine, I’m fine – although changing a wheel in the dark and wet with HGV’s trying to shave your arse every few seconds does tend to concentrate the mind. At least if a truck did hit me it would’ve been quick!

Worcester - Flooding! Bloody hell!
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        Had a blow out - ~70mph, right hand lane of the M5, Rear offside Tyre. Car is fine, I’m fine – although changing a wheel in the dark and wet with HGV’s trying to shave your arse every few seconds does tend to concentrate the mind. At least if a truck did hit me it would’ve been quick!
        Glad you're ok, I ended up in hospital when a tyre blew out, the car was written off.

Hope you brought your wellies.

YouTube

Morning all

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky is gradually turning white.

Coldish.

Wednesday.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all
          Blue skies and chilly out on the walk earlier. Many of the local ponds were frozen over.
          No breeze, so it may be a pleasant day.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Sparky claimed that GU10 halogen bulbs can be directly swapped for LED.

I'll pick up a couple and test, as that contradicts what a different sparky told me (that one said the transformers needed to be changed).

If I can directly swap to LED, that would make life a lot easier.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Sparky claimed that GU10 halogen bulbs can be directly swapped for LED.

I'll pick up a couple and test, as that contradicts what a different sparky told me (that one said the transformers needed to be changed).

If I can directly swap to LED, that would make life a lot easier.
              Do you have any on a dimmer switch, as we had a nightmare finding LED's that are dimmable
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

morning
                currently dry, bright, and positively king billy.
                wednesday

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  Do you have any on a dimmer switch, as we had a nightmare finding LED's that are dimmable
                  It does depend on the bulbs you buy, I was able to replace all the kitchen ones without a problem but the kitchen cupboard lights have transformers so that's a slight world of pain when I get round to it.

As for dimmable ever heard of google - this is the first result Philips CorePro LEDspot MV GU10 5W 827 36D | Extra Warm White - Dimmable - Repla - Any-lamp
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Vendor has advised that one of LM Jr's Christmas presents has finally been shipped! That's one of his birthday presents sorted then.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                      Originally posted by eek View Post
                      It does depend on the bulbs you buy, I was able to replace all the kitchen ones without a problem but the kitchen cupboard lights have transformers so that's a slight world of pain when I get round to it.

As for dimmable ever heard of google - this is the first result Philips CorePro LEDspot MV GU10 5W 827 36D | Extra Warm White - Dimmable - Repla - Any-lamp
                      My spot lights are not on a dimmer switch.

HWMBO also blathered on about dimmable lights. No excuse for him. He knows that the two lights I have on a dimmer are not spot lights.

Comment

Working...
                      X