• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next level of block work completed for the final location of the new chicken house. (Had to go to Wickes to get 10 more breeze blocks, then get them round to the back of the house)
    Remainder of the gravel shovelled back into a dumpy bag.
    New incinerator purchased, assembled and promptly turned upside down to force one of the rhubarb crowns on.

And now settling down to watch the rugby.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Afternoon from a chilly but bright Kenilworth Castle. Surpringly good here and busy. Enjoying the day. I'm sure I'll find something to piss me off soon so I can go back to being miserable.
      I'm reasonably sure my uncle reupholstered a sofa for Kenilworth. Many years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Are scams becoming old school to appeal to old farts? Used to scam emails but today I got a letter. Apparently I'm entitled to half of $11m that a relative (that I've never heard of) invested in Beijing.

PS Pretty much this one here. I am convinced!

Fraudsters offer fake inheritance in bank cash scam | South China Morning Post
        This very morning I received an automated phone call from OfCom Technical Department telling me that my internet was going to be cut off in 24 hours due to illegal hacking.

I didn't stay on the line beyond that to find out where to send my bank details...

Comment

The ZX Spectrum Next has finally arrived, nearly three years after I backed it on Kickstarter: https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...-unboxing.html

Comment

Lateish lunch of a nice fry-up

I thought the sausages’ Use By date was today, but it turns out it was yesterday. But they smelled fine raw, and tasted great cooked, so I daresay it’ll be all right

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              I would burn the socks that don't match. Remove the source of the problem.
              I kept them - then found the other unmatched set.

If not, burning was an oprtion. Though nuking them was a possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Cunning way to blag yourself some free veg...
                And free guinea fowl food....

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Afternoon from a chilly but bright Kenilworth Castle. Surpringly good here and busy. Enjoying the day. I'm sure I'll find something to piss me off soon so I can go back to being miserable.
                  I think you just did. Signing into CUK does it for me....

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    The ZX Spectrum Next has finally arrived, nearly three years after I backed it on Kickstarter: https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...-unboxing.html

"So pics of the beast in action to follow once my back is up to it" - have I missed some posts? You have a bad back?

Comment

Woman born in Cambridgeshire pub returns for first pint - BBC News

A teenager has travelled 4,678 miles (7,527km) to have her first legal drink in the British pub where she was unexpectedly born 18 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                      X