• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello peeps

Brunch was very nice - HWMBO, me, and a couple of friends at The Rooftop at The Trafalgar St James hotel. Nice food, a magnum of Veuve Cliquot Rosé, washed down with a bottle of normal Veuve Cliquot. Not bad for four people.

One of the presents my friend bought me was a Gin based quiz game so we had a good laugh playing that after we'd finished eating. Not sure the other tables enjoyed it as much as we did

We then went to Duck and Waffle Local for pudding and coffee.

Whiled away a good 90 mins there at which point it was time for HWMBO and I to go to Iberica Victoria for our dinner. The guest chef was Nacho Manzano a two Michelin starred chef doing a one day pop up at Iberica yesterday.

It seems he's back to do a week long stint later in the month too, slightly extended menu to the one we had:
    Nacho Manzano brings exclusive Spanish flavours to London | Global Blue

The 10 courses plus snacks and wine pairings were all very delicious although I definitely struggled to eat any more than a couple of mouthfuls of the last three.

Still feeling full up! I don't think I need to eat again for a few days.
    Last edited by ladymuck; 16 February 2020, 12:19.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      The marsh isn't so full at the moment, but high tide at 11:38 will be the crunch.
      Not much of a crunch.

Much less water there now, though the monsoon has returned unbidden.

Managed to overcook the rice pud to extinction. but it recovered with a little boiling water.

The lamb it has aroasted and will be sampled shortly.

The long tailed tits have been enjoying the fatballs this morning.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

BBC News just pinged my phone with the news that a “major incident” has been declared in South Wales

And I’ve just heard that my parents lost one of their trees overnight - a sliver birch. It didn’t damage anything of note or fall on the neighbours or anything like that, though.

Comment

Afternoon all

Wet and Windy here

Lunch - Spatchcock Chicken from Aldi, 3.49 - very reasonable
          Married

Comment

been hissing it dahn all morning.
            meh.

lunch was cumberland sausages.
            inna bun.
            with english mustard.
            and 8Cl of earl gray tea.
            don't think i can be arsed going anywhere today.

Comment

Lunch: roast leg of lamb, overcooked rice pud. 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

All nice enough.

Still can't get a proper handle on the rice pud.

I've been surprised by the lack of trees falling over in the recent storms.

It's been pissing down again for a while.

There's all sorts of detritus floating down the river at remarkable rates of knots.

The ducks seem to be enjoying the water on the marsh.

Comment

For some reason I’ve just remembered that a friend of mine, writer Chris Challis, used to send preposterous letters to the Leicester Mercury under the name “Miss DeeDee Wahdidi”, and they would print them because no matter how bizarre or deranged he made them, they still just seemed like the normal standard of readers’ letters they received

I wonder if the originals are among his papers, which the University Library purchased after his death in 1997? Chris Challis Collection — University of Leicester

Comment

River is back in its channel, it's dropped a good couple of feet since noon (high tide at 11:38).

Comment

Zingy chicken and lentil soup with the usual bits of bread for lunch. Very nice; I can feel the zinginess coursing through my veins

I noticed that the clock on the microwave had reset itself, and my iMac says it’s restarted since yesterday, so we must have had a power cut at some point.

Comment

Walk walked, oddly enough in sunshine.

Fairly obvious signs of rivers of water taking unusual paths down the roads, hills and woods.

Chap and chapess looking for someone else's car key, apparently lost whilst running this morning.

I wish them luck.

Tea: some of that tasteless lentil <pffft> soup I made last Sunday. And it really is tasteless. 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Boot leaked so socks needed washing rather more than usual, the fingerless gloves got the same treatment, in the sink.

Also washed my baseball cap.

Dug out the spin drier (2800rpm) to dry them off before the TD.

Worked well.

So: Doctor Who, Endeavour, Homeland, Oak Island nutjobs, Railway thing on 5.

The only evening I watch anything that's broadcast, plainly I'm getting value for money from my TV Licence.

Terrific squall passed through just now, sounded like thunder, full on murrain of beasts and a gale of monumental proportions.

Comment

Working...
                      X