• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Used to be quite common, back in the 1980s-90s, to be driving along the A14 or some other main road in East Anglia and suddenly an A10 or two would be rocketing past overhead across the road, making one hell of a din. The pilots would pretend the road traffic was tanks and use it for target practice
    eek! not literally, I hope

Comment

Used to be quite common, back in the 1980s-90s, to be driving along the A14 or some other main road in East Anglia and suddenly an A10 or two would be rocketing past overhead across the road, making one hell of a din. The pilots would pretend the road traffic was tanks and use it for target practice
      Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      i think it might make national news if they strafed a major road on a training flight.

i still want one.

superb machine.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        i think it might make national news if they strafed a major road on a training flight.

i still want one.

superb machine.
        They didn’t actually open fire, but I vaguely remember seeing a documentary about them and they locked on with their weapons systems and everything on the run up to the target, aka some hapless East Anglian driver, as the pilot cheerfully explained that the safety was on

Comment

They didn’t actually open fire, but I vaguely remember seeing a documentary about them and they locked on with their weapons systems and everything on the run up to the target, aka some hapless East Anglian driver, as the pilot cheerfully explained that the safety was on
          fairy nuff

Comment

TFBSZ
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Another visit to the ST:TNG-era Enterprise tonight with Allegiance (TV Episode 1990); not bad, but fairly standard Trek stuff.

And over the course of the day and evening I’ve also read C. S. Lewis’s The Screwtape Letters, which I last read when I was about sixteen or seventeen. Entertaining stuff, and a fair bit of food for thought even if you’re not into the religion thing

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Having been on a call at 8am, the guy who signs my timesheets (ex contractor) messaged me at 4.45pm to remind me they pay me per day and that my dog probably deserves a longer walk than she got this morning.

Does being told to down tools cause you’re not going to get paid anything extra count as SDC, or somewhere worth working?
                  Have you asked your accountant?

Do I have to pay royalties to NLUK for that?

Comment

Now I wish I had some ginger cake. I think I may make some at the weekend but I suspect by then I won't want it. I'm fickle like that.
                    MrsBP says you should blame HWMBO for not making some for you last weekend....

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      oh, the addled one is home again, so partner is once again trapped at home.
                      social services are looking into it.
                      crapita provide the solution, if and when a solution is decided.
                      ho, hum.

anyone need anybody* maimed, or anything?

*provided they deserve it, of course.

They do say stress is caused by not punching people who deserve it. Though most of the time that person is me.

Comment

Working...
                      X