• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

watching a thing about the A10 'warthog', whilst waiting for dinner to heat.
    why didn't they keep those?
    perfect, when you're fighting toyota pickups.
    and a bloody sight cheaper to run than F16/18/22/what****inever.
    who needs stealth, fighting militia's ?

rant over, hungry

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Having been on a call at 8am, the guy who signs my timesheets (ex contractor) messaged me at 4.45pm to remind me they pay me per day and that my dog probably deserves a longer walk than she got this morning.

Does being told to down tools cause you’re not going to get paid anything extra count as SDC, or somewhere worth working?
      Ah...

Did they force you to down tools, or did they merely suggest you may want to finish at a different time but the decision ultimately remained with you?

Comment

Watched Stacey Dooley Investigates, about whale hunting.

I actually quite like her style of reporting. It's a bit like Louis Theroux's - just asking the questions and letting the viewer make their own opinions.

Now watching the Nikola Tesla episode of Dr Who.

Took some mint choc chip Carte D'or icecream out the freezer for an evening treat. Letting it soften up before I scoff some.

Now I wish I had some ginger cake. I think I may make some at the weekend but I suspect by then I won't want it. I'm fickle like that.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Ah...

Did they force you to down tools, or did they merely suggest you may want to finish at a different time but the decision ultimately remained with you?

Not forced, the decision ultimately remained with The Dog me. They merely suggested I should take my dog for a long walk.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Not forced, the decision ultimately remained with The Dog me. They merely suggested I should take my dog for a long walk.
            oh, dear.
            and you'd only just started, too.

oh, well.

Comment

and the fish pie was very nice as usual.
              as was the chablis.

i WANT an A10 for my very own.
              what a fecking aircraft.

Comment

oh, the addled one is home again, so partner is once again trapped at home.
                social services are looking into it.
                crapita provide the solution, if and when a solution is decided.
                ho, hum.

anyone need anybody* maimed, or anything?

*provided they deserve it, of course.

Comment

Really nice tea tonight: chicken thighs in red wine sauce, with potato wedges roasted in duck fat, and petits pois. Delicious

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    what a fecking aircraft.
                    Used to be quite common, back in the 1980s-90s, to be driving along the A14 or some other main road in East Anglia and suddenly an A10 or two would be rocketing past overhead across the road, making one hell of a din. The pilots would pretend the road traffic was tanks and use it for target practice

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      and the fish pie was very nice as usual.
                      as was the chablis.

what a fecking aircraft.
                      Here you go...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/1607740000

Comment

Working...
                      X