• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Morning all

Frosty out, but at least no rain. Haven’t made it out of bed yet.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Dry.

Sunny.

CBS.

Frosty.

Colder. 16.7 in here this morning, 12 deg in the lean-to.

Saturday apparently.

<dump hiatus>

Brain rot has now set in: I've just had to use the interweb to remember Terry Wogan's name.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 January 2020, 09:26.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

morning
          CBS and KB in shivery sarf herts.

Comment

In with the hoi polloi.

Stone me the pavements were slippery on the way down.

Sideways to victory!
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Well, the addled one was returned home from respite care at 15:00 on Thursday.
              she's now in A&E, having fallen over between bed and bog at 02:30 this morning

less than 36 hours.

feck it.
              it just keeps getting better eh?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                I am pleased she is on the good stuff. Death does not worry me. Pain does.

And I hope she is happy in her own "dream world". I often wish there was dementaia in my family. Far better for the brain to go before the body IMO. Well better for oneself. Not good for those around one.
                It is a spot of dementia but the hallucinations are more due to malnutrition, apparently - she struggled to eat because of the stomach cancer and then became almost afraid of eating anything. When she was last in hospital, and being drip fed, she perked up considerably.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  Well, the addled one was returned home from respite care at 15:00 on Thursday.
                  she's now in A&E, having fallen over between bed and bog at 02:30 this morning

less than 36 hours.

feck it.
                  it just keeps getting better eh?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    it's not as simple as that, so be careful what you wish for.

Indeed its not normally a switch where the person just becomes a vegetable its more like bobbing in an ocean alternately drowning and gasping for air with the knowledge you are very unlikely to be rescued. Very sad.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

+1
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X