• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Just checked the “goofs” page for The Living Daylights on IMDb, and it seems nobody else has noticed that a Russian lorry on a base in Afghanistan had a prominent plaque from some firm in “Leeds, England” affixed to its tailgate
    The trivia for Smiley's People informs us that the bridge from East to West, supposedly in Berlin, is, in fact, in Nottingham.

If I forgot earlier, lunch was baked beans on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast with 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea and a cheese topped baguette.

Whilst walking through the cemetery earlier, I noted with innerest that Elizabeth Anne Early is now late.

On the Freecell front, today's score was 92% whilst the running average remains at a solid 82% as expected.

I'll need to get a good deal better before it shifts by much.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 December 2019, 16:59.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      The trivia for Smiley's People informs us that the bridge from East to West, supposedly in Berlin, is, in fact, in Nottingham.
      I used to drive over if it I took one of my alternative routes when I was working at Capital One up there the other year

This one here: Google Maps

Comment

I had a Wispa. Then I had to get up and go to the kitchen to put the wrapper in the bin. This proved to be the straw that broke the camel’s back, and while I was up I put my shoes and coat on and went down to Wilko’s (about halfway to the Chinese) and bought a wastepaper basket for the living room - something I’ve been meaning to do ever since I moved here in 2004

Turns out it was worth waiting fifteen years though, as it was reduced from £4 to £2.50

I notice Sainsbury’s are selling exactly the same bin but in their case it’s reduced from £6.99 to £4.65

Comment

I had a Wispa. Then I had to get up and go to the kitchen to put the wrapper in the bin. This proved to be the straw that broke the camel’s back, and while I was up I put my shoes and coat on and went down to Wilko’s (about halfway to the Chinese) and bought a wastepaper basket for the living room - something I’ve been meaning to do ever since I moved here in 2004

Turns out it was worth waiting fifteen years though, as it was reduced from £4 to £2.50

I notice Sainsbury’s are selling exactly the same bin but in their case it’s reduced from £6.99 to £4.65
          moving from a much bigger house in the hague to a flat in sunny sarf herts leaves me with four surplus wastepaper baskets

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            moving from a much bigger house in the hague to a flat in sunny sarf herts leaves me with four surplus wastepaper baskets
            eBay. There’s bound to be some idiot who’ll overbid massively then pay £25 p&p

Comment

can't be arsed, really. - charity shop, probably, if i can be arsed packing stuff up and arranging collection.
              i've still got half a garage full of surplus stuff 2 years later.

Comment

Pleased to report that, in keeping with the traditions of the season, I forgot to trundle forth the recycling bin for its timeshifted emptying today
                I got my wife to do it. You need a wife.

Actually I like you. Don't get married.....

Comment

I oncve sold car seats on ebay. I would never buy them there - you can never be sure they were not in an accident.

The seats I sold were not an accident. The kids may be an accident. But not the seats.

Comment

I have started watching the sweeney again. Series 1, Episode 1 still on sky catch up.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      I have started watching the sweeney again. Series 1, Episode 1 still on sky catch up.
                      The one with Brian Blessed in.

Comment

Working...
                      X