• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baked beans on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (crust) rounded off with 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Nice enough especially since I've been half awake since 06:00, or 05:45 if you count the 15 minutes doze listening to Farming Today.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch has been zingy chicken and lentil soup, with a thick crust of wholemeal and a bit of sesame bloomer

Comment

Lunch was cod goujons in a wrap with chips from the canteen.

Staying late to see off a member of the department who is leaving to semi retire. Late in this context means I won't be getting the 4pm bus from the office to the terminal. Drinks start at 5pm and so I can see me being home a good two hours later than usual.

WFH the rest of the week so all is not so bad.

Comment

Christmas Quiz in the office, lesson of the day is kick up a big enough fuss and people will give in

#winner
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

In the intermission between visits to Bridgend, Angel S5 E8 was watched, once without and once with the commentary.

Amusing enough in its way.

Then the call came to return to Bridgend, in the pouring rain, with 40mph limits on the M4 when 50 was too fast.

Very unpleasant driving.

I much prefer nice warm sunny days but they're a bit rare at this time of year.

Strangelove Pater spent some time in that hospital back in 2004 IIRC, all his various visits tend to blur a bit at this late date.

Tea this evening was the roast lamb with onions and carrots, which was satisfyingly pleasant if a little heavy on the hot smoked paprika.

Sweet was stewed apple and custard, the custard being of the non standing up on its own and non boiling all over the microwave sort.

Once I've partaken of the requisite 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea, it'll be time for Angel S5 E9, 10, 11, & 12.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 December 2019, 18:48.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Chucking it down out there now

Comment

Evening

hissing it dahn 'ere too guv.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Chucking it down out there now
                  Same here, and freezing cold to boot.

MrsB insisted on going out to the local home bargain / tat superstore before it shut to buy boxes to put Xmas prezzies in. I couldn't really complain since at least one of them is for me.

I'd have been happy usb to have it in a carrier bag, but apparently that makes the tree look untidy when put underneath it.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

dinner was breaded haddock, chips and peas, courtesy of the usual suspects.
                    oh, and Miele.
                    with a nice pinot grigio, for a change.

looking good for the trouble with the addled one.
                    hope a PM doesn't get involved

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                      I'd have been happy usb to have it in a carrier bag, but apparently that makes the tree look untidy when put underneath it.
                      Get a Harrods carrier bag to put it in, they look classy

Tea has been the remains of the roast pork from Sunday, apart from a few slices I kept for for lunch tomorrow, with chips and beans. Very nice

Comment

Working...
                      X