• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Links are up

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      surfaced at 09:20 to find lots of emails effectively giving me all required access to end client, and asking me to start work.

I thought you'd told 'em to feck off?

Nice walk up to the viewless point this morning.

It seemed steeper than usual or I'm more fecked up than usual.

It was certainly a lot colder than usual, especially the bits where the sun hadn't yet reached.

Lunch today was full fat* baked beans on Morrisons pumpkin seed toast.

Rounded off with 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

*full salt and sugar rather than the "healthier" option. By the time they've taken everything out of food we'll all either be 30 stone or famine victims, I'm not quite sure which. There was a thing I read this morning detailing the amount of hidden sugar in stuff. So I just had a jam sandwich to celebrate not giving a tulip, like.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        I thought you'd told 'em to feck off?
        i had, this was their response. no changes to T&C's.
        start today, WFH.
        so i have, we'll see how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          i had, this was their response. no changes to T&C's.
          start today, WFH.
          so i have, we'll see how it goes.
          , probably

Comment

Tree dug up (but not replanted yet)
            I've currently left it on the top lawn so the chickens can pick all he worms out of the soil around the roots. That will also make it easier to remove the ground elder and other weeds from it before digging in to its new home.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I did the shopping early last week, but it was prescription week; that was ready on Friday, when I forgot to go and get it

So now I’ve got to amble round there and collect it. But they don’t give prescriptions out when the pharmacist is at lunch. I think they’re usually back by half two, so I’ll have to head round then.

Comment

Prescription collected. It turns out the pharmacist gets back by two, but knocks off a bit earlier than usual for an extended lunch on Friday

I’ll have forgotten this the next time I need to remember it, of course

And my hands have been thoroughly washed after using the pharmacy counter pen, which is handled by who knows how many diseased customers every day

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Prescription collected. It turns out the pharmacist gets back by two, but knocks off a bit earlier than usual for an extended lunch on Friday

I’ll have forgotten this the next time I need to remember it, of course

And my hands have been thoroughly washed after using the pharmacy counter pen, which is handled by who knows how many diseased customers every day
                  At least you've recorded that little fact here so you can check and remind yourself

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    At least you've recorded that little fact here so you can check and remind yourself
                    It’d be handy if we could tag individual posts as well as threads to make finding these things easier

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      It’d be handy if we could tag individual posts as well as threads to make finding these things easier

You could create a Private Message and add links to your important posts

or (BAD ADVICE)
                      Create a sockie who likes the important ones (but never posts anything), then you just need to log in to that account to see the liked posts.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X