• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ladymuck
    replied
    Happy Birthday NF!

Morning all

Dry, was sunny when I got up but has since clouded over. Currently 5 degrees with a high of 10 expected. Rain forecast this afternoon. Barometer steady at 1028 mBar

On my way to the office.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Ooh! Auto Shenanigans is in Leicestershire

https://youtu.be/R0RzaS1bzPg?si=Ru2wiwoxgk7tAaC1
    Cheers, I shall watch that

Today and tonight's viewing has been the usual Sunday stuff: US borders, NZ police, a new episode of Surgeons, and several old episodes of 24 Hours in A&E

Which takes me through to Monday, and it's my birthday!

I've put off opening my cards until morning, when I'll have to think of something at least moderately enjoyable to do with the day

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    garden done, fence, bench made and beer drank.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Ooh! Auto Shenanigans is in Leicestershire

https://youtu.be/R0RzaS1bzPg?si=Ru2wiwoxgk7tAaC1

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    I thought I'd have a kebab for tea; but I was wrong for, sallying forth to the kebab shop, I found the windows covered from within and a sign in the window announcing that it's closed today and tomorrow for refurbishment

Ah well, it's a pleasant enough evening for a walk, and I daresay the exercise was better for me than the kebab would have been

Returning home, I thought about the option of having something delivered. But on reflection, I realised I'm not actually that hungry after the sausages and bacon earlier. So I just had a couple of corned beef butties; that's plenty for now

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Uneventful drives to and from the south coast. A very pleasant day had.

My brother came round to fit a new DAB aerial to my car as the previous one got damaged when the windscreen was replaced last year. Mowed the front lawn. Mum reckons she'll do some gardening in the week.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Sausages and bacon in buttered toast for lunch

Still looking nice out, with the big sycamore beyond the block opposite starting to come into leaf

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Blue sky with lumps of fluff. Currently 9 degrees with a high of 12 expected. No rain forecast. Barometer up a smidge to 1029 mBar

Off to Sussex-by-the-Sea to visit Mum. Down there it's much the same weather as up here.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Sunday.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky in parts.

Chilly in here at 13.5 deg, 12.5 deg in the kitchen & leanto.

1027 mBar, 30.327 in Hg, 770.3 Torr, 14.895 psi, (up from 1026 last night), 77% RH (GDR hair), 68% RH (Lidl electric).

This morning's dream before waking involved decoding the MSF timecode.

Curiously the board did not precipitate me back to 19th of September 2019 but came straight here. . Meanwhile on that date, there was discussion of rums, and advice for Xogg on cooking 4 portions & freezing 3, while I nearly had a combination of lentil soup & gravy for tea before I realised that the gravy was gravy not lentil soup.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the intermittent sunshine & grey gloom.

Orange tipped white butterfly this morning, no sign of yesterday's brimstone.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: It's a fair cop: Zeus.

TWTW.

Freecell score: 88%, running average: 86%.

Some UFO bollox on Blaze. It went click when Richard Doty appeared.

Tea: chilli con carne (Morrisons saver: not bad with some extra chilli powder) etc.

Entertainment: Skinwalker Ranch bollox on Blaze. Even more bolloxy than Oak Island bollox. The drone thing was pretty.

National Park Mysteries: Chaco Canyon, more skinwalkers. Some volcano in Oregon.

Megadisasters: Santorini.

Foyle's War S8 E3 Fur Elise. Last ep. Nice handgrenade.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 April 2024, 23:07.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Sunny and Simpsonesque start out there, though it's supposed to get cloudier in a bit. Not that warm either at 6°C and aiming for 11°. The barometers are up a bot more at 1019/1028mB

Leave a comment:

Working...
X