• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xoggoth
    replied
    After the old farty arty thing I called in on loony lady 3 to help with problem with her phone. Took about 10s, she had the base unit upside down!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: a roast beef bap (wholemeal) and a bag of plain crisps

Quite sunny out now, at least from time to time

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Sunny. Clear sky with wispy fluff. Currently 12 degrees with a high of 13 expected. Rain forecast from lunchtime onwards as the pest from the west brings its nasty weather. Barometer very much down, to 993 mBar.

Off to Dublin this afternoon. Positioning flight for my silly points trip to Mexico. Only 4 time zones this week.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Tuesday.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Damp.

Sunless.

Grey.

Chilly in here at 13.2 deg, 12.5 in the kitchen & leanto.

986.5 mBar, 29.1313 in Hg, 739.93 Torr, 14.3 psi, (down from 989 last night), 76% RH (GDR hair), 70% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 10th of September 2019 NF was contemplating watching the execrable BR2049, while BR14 cleared up the origin of his moniker and I dreamed of designing amplifiers.

Today's dream before waking was yet another post apocalyptic dystopia.

I have no expectations of any excitement whatsoever.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: Thing about Terminator on R4.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the wan sunshine. No requirement for scarf or gloves which made a change. Quite a pleasant afternoon.

Entertainment: Oz customs thing (once the septic one has finished). Smuggled cigarettes: 36 packs from a chinese tour guide, an entire containerful at the docks. Some lunatic septic who had shedloads of declared vegetables in various stages of decomposition, some of which he paid actual money to retain at the border so he could take them home to septicland.

Tea: soup battered haddock etc. Nice enough.

Entertainment: The Mentalist S1 E22 "Blood Brothers". The kids training camp one.

Scotland Yard: "Night Plane to Amsterdam". The burning bodies in the bread oven one. Bet those pastries tasted fine until you found a toenail.

Maigret S11 E4 "Felicie's House (2002)" Well that was odd: wtf were all the little animals about FFS?

Last bit of "The Meaning of Life (1983)" with dear old Death. I wonder when I watched this last.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 March 2024, 23:08.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all I have successfully completed another circuit around the sun.

MMtSH woke me at 5:18 this morning, and in the end I got up at 5:40.
    12,000 steps and 10.6km later, we're both tired, he's gone to sleep and I've gone to work.
    Overnight drizzle has given way to high cloud but with glimpses of blue sky.

The ride-on mower is due to be serviced today, which is probably about all the excitement I can handle.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Once again it's patchy cloud out. 6°C and aiming for 12°, and there's some rain or showers expected this evening. The barometers are pessimistic at 978.986mB

I had a bit of an early night last night and had quite a decent night's sleep on the strength of it. One day closer to the long weekend

But I see I neglected to record last night's cultural imbibement. This consisted of a new episode of Forensics: The Real CSI which this week concerned a chap who was 3D-printing guns. Rather foolish of him, and I got the impression that he was just rather foolish rather than any kind of criminal mastermind, though that didn't help him when the case came to court

This was followed by Ukraine: Enemy in the Woods which is largely bodycam footage of a unit in combat on the front line to the east of Kharkiv. It isn't pretty out there

And then I read a little more of Montaillou

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been a pork cutlet with chips and beans

And a cream doughnut to follow! Very nice

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Spent so long in meetings this afternoon that one of my AirPods went flat

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: Scotch broth and a crust of wholemeal

Busy day today as we have new people joining the team - or, more accurately, turning it into a team, as the only person full-time on the project for months has been me

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Links are up

Leave a comment:

Working...
X