• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a wonderful morning, folks.

See you this afternoon, assuming the flight ever gets there.

Would have been much quicker by train....

Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      Would have been much quicker by train....
      You might be right. How long does the Manchester - London train take these days?

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
        You might be right. How long does the Manchester - London train take these days?
        Preston to Euston is 2h34. I did it for a while this summer, when I could get free first class tickets.

Problem is that I'm stuck in Slough (until Wednesday ) so Heathrow is a much better bet to get there. And the train is a LOT more expensive than plane - Friday night single from Euston to Preston booked two months in advance £134. Manchester to Heathrow return, booked a week in advance £108.

And they wonder why people fly rather than go by train...
        Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Probably half an hour longer than it did in 1950 with steam engines pulling it.
          I used to have two or three marvellous pictorial books of train incidents - mostly crashes but also getting stuck in snow and so on - going back more than a hundred years. There seemed to be more in the good old days.

I wonder what I did with them?

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            I made an apple crumble this weekend for tea on Saturday, and we had the leftovers last night. My parents have a few apple trees at the top of their garden, so we were picking last weekend, and have asked for more next week.

Fresh custard to go with it, too.

Mmmmmmmmmm.
            Roast pork and all the extras yesterday. Lovely leg joint from the local butcher. Stayed nice and moist and still had some good crackling as well

Made the mistake of downloading Team Fortress 2 on saturday, spent the rest of the weekend running around blowing up other people in a remarkably satifying cartoon kind of way.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Roast pork and all the extras yesterday. Lovely leg joint from the local butcher. Stayed nice and moist and still had some good crackling as well

Made the mistake of downloading Team Fortress 2 on saturday, spent the rest of the weekend running around blowing up other people in a remarkably satifying cartoon kind of way.
              I did roast chicken for the family. With parsnips, butternut squash, carrots, broccoli, roast potatoes and swede.

While my wife sat in the front room with the girls and did some sewing.

A picture of domestic bliss...
              Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

It's very quiet in here this afternoon.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Surely people can't be THAT busy, can they?
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Just couldn't get on..... so couldn't post the usual drivel!!!
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                      Just couldn't get on..... so couldn't post the usual drivel!!!
                      You need to spend more time on TPD to boot your post count.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Working...
                      X