• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

last time i played with electrikery in the kitchen i had to give up and call a man who can in. hurt my manly pride but the nights were drawing in and all the lights were off and it ain't easy holding a torch and a screwdriver and wires and switches whilst on a stepladder with the wife and children looking on and asking how long before dinner....

still, it was nice to see a professional stuggle as much as i had.

Comment

hmmm. maybe he was a cowboy...

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        now I know a lighting circuit can drive 12 x 100W bulbs

but can a single pole switch handle 2 trannies (oh err) + 4 fluorescents?
        try it. what's the worse that can happen?

Comment

explosions and death?

Comment

i try not to wonder about such things. i'd rather wonder about the neked lady.

Comment

had another disturbed night last night at my lodgings. barstewards in room 108 came stumbling in a 01.18.

Comment

drunk, disorderly and quite loud... took them about 5 minutes to open the door. then the sound of three slovaks taking turns to use the toilet and organise themselves.

Comment

there were three distinct voices - which is odd considering room 108 has two single beds.

Comment

40 minutes later they were still in fine voice. not singing but having a good old chinwag. things were startin to settle down and then just after 2am a second bunch arrived.

Comment

this lot were louder and drunker. they also struggled to get into their room. there were also at least 3 or 4 of them which is odd because room 106 has only 1 double bed.

Comment

Working...
                      X