• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
    I only saw Michael Fish do it, repeated yesterday in all its glory.

I didn't know Bill Giles did it as well. Snakey barstard kept that quiet.
    The videos you have seen are not related to said event.
    Try this
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7042220.stm
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
      I only saw Michael Fish do it, repeated yesterday in all its glory.

I didn't know Bill Giles did it as well. Snakey barstard kept that quiet.
      Michael Fish says that his one referred to a hurricane hitting Florida.

The one that was 20 years ago, he wasn't on duty that night - it was Bill Giles (referred to as "The Guilty One") and Ian McCaskill on duty that day.

There's more on the BBC news website about it.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        Michael Fish says that his one referred to a hurricane hitting Florida.

The one that was 20 years ago, he wasn't on duty that night - it was Bill Giles (referred to as "The Guilty One") and Ian McCaskill on duty that day.

There's more on the BBC news website about it.
        In that case, what a pair of snakey barstards, letting Michael Fish take all the flak!

For 20 years people thought it was him, giving rise to the saying "there's something fishy about that".

I'm off home now to compose an angry letter to messrs Giles (or "Gilo") and McCaskill.

Comment

yup 'tis time to depart. i'm off to get a pizza and sink a few beers.

Comment

Well, I haven't had time to write to Gilo, as I have spent most of the night driving around Aylesbury trying to find a pub car park with spaces not used up by local residents (rare), hosting a decent pub (very rare), and with a decent pint (very very rare). The place really is a tulipe hole in the pub department.

Comment

bah! you need to get out a bit more. from aylesbury that is. hardwick or quainton or weston turville...

Comment

grey and dull in Kent today.... and the weathers not too good either!
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Good morning!

I went for a run early this morning in the dark and rain, but now I'm stuck in an office it is nice and sunny.

Comment

Morning,

Brilliant sunshine and blue skys here. Had to get the sunglasses out for the drive in.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
                      bah! you need to get out a bit more. from aylesbury that is. hardwick or quainton or weston turville...
                      Yes, I normally do, but I was looking for somewhere to kill an hour and a half before I picked up my daughter from Aylesbury College.

I might just as well have gone to my usual haunts in Edlesborough or Ivinghoe Aston, or the Crow's Nest at the top of Aston Clinton. Which is what I'll do next week.

There was a good team in our quiz league from Quainton. Bunch of geezers who worked at Equitable in Aylesbury. Can't remember the name of the pub - Carpenters Arms?

Comment

Working...
                      X