• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DD went to a birthday party yesterday which was quite eventful,

1. Parking was atrocious; parents were just dumping their cars
    anywhere, and parking in the disabled spaces as carpark was
    woefully inadequate – as party was only 1 hr left it on Homebase car
    park and a wonder around there.

2. Went to pick her up and there were 2 traffic wardens lurking
    3. When I went inside I asked if the staff to put a tanoy message out
    asking people to move their cars as there was a traffic warden
    outside. However they said hey would not as there were 2 police
    officers in side.

4. After a while, he police offices removed a young couple with their
    little girl about four, Mum was really having a go and one of the
    policemen had her by the arm.

DD came out and I asked here why the police were there, apparently the little girl had hit a little boy and broke his nose. Parents had an argument and the little boys parents called the police.

By this time parents were going outside only to find parking tickets on their cars, one of them was getting physical with the traffic warden and he police had to spring into action again.

All of this in front of the Kids. DD then blurted out – “are they drunk or stupid mummy?”

2nd policeman had to walk me to my car as one bloke threatened to ‘Shut my kid up”
    Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post

officers in side.

DD came out and I asked here why the police were there, apparently the little girl had hit a little boy and broke his nose. Parents had an argument and the little boys parents called the police.

By this time parents were going outside only to find parking tickets on their cars, one of them was getting physical with the traffic warden and he police had to spring into action again.

All of this in front of the Kids. DD then blurted out – “are they drunk or stupid mummy?”

2nd policeman had to walk me to my car as one bloke threatened to ‘Shut my kid up”
      Nick, is that you?

Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

That sounds a bit scary! I hope he got a stern taking to from the police? Failing that I hope he got a stern beating - there's just no excuse for that. I would have felt inclined to have "words" with that chap.

Hope DD wasn't too shaken by the whole experience.
        Last edited by voodooflux; 24 November 2008, 12:00.
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

officers in side.

Do you live anywhere near NickFitz?

I think I would have asked policeman to arrest person threatening my child. Just to get their name&address that is.....

However your daughter is quite correct!

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
            That sounds a bit scary! I hope he got a stern taking to from the police? Failing that I hope he got a stern beating - there's just no excuse for that. Was DD shaken by the whole experience?
            Well 1st Policeman was talking to him, and I think 2nd cooper was going to call for reinforcements (we were just behind the cop shop in Kings Heath).

Just glad it was not one of the parents at the party DD went to ( they had all parked in Homebase too)

Comment

Well 1st Policeman was talking to him, and I think 2nd cooper was going to call for reinforcements (we were just behind the cop shop in Kings Heath).

Just glad it was not one of the parents at the party DD went to ( they had all parked in Homebase too)
              Its got a bit hairy a couple of times when out with my kids - I have been lucky so far......

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Do you live anywhere near NickFitz?

I think I would have asked policeman to arrest person threatening my child. Just to get their name&address that is.....

However your daughter is quite correct!
                Nope, but Mr Plod did have my name and address so I will see what happens. DD just gave the bloke one of her looks ( like say that again and I will have you looks) as he said it.

Comment

Nope, but Mr Plod did have my name and address so I will see what happens. DD just gave the bloke one of her looks ( like say that again and I will have you looks) as he said it.
                  Well done DD

Comment

Prehaps everyone is working else they're in the canteen
                    Quite possibly.

Speaking of which, I picked up some hot roast chicken at Sainsbury's - time for lunch

Oh, and I managed to retrieve my books from the sorting office

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Quite possibly.

Speaking of which, I picked up some hot roast chicken at Sainsbury's - time for lunch

Oh, and I managed to retrieve my books from the sorting office
                      What books were they? 101 obscure xml bugs? advanced java errors volume 6?

Sorry Nick......

Comment

Working...
                      X