• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Cloudy start, but not really dark and gloomy, more of a filo pastry kind of cloud. Slightly cooler than it has been at 10°C with a target of 15° for the day, and the barometers are a little bit further on their journey back up at 993/1001mB

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Dry and bright, windy, fair amount of cloud. Currently 9 degrees with a high of 18 expected. Rain forecast this afternoon / evening. Forgot to look at my barometer but the weather app says it's at 1007 mBar

Our original flight home was cancelled but were easily rebooked onto an earlier service. This was delayed but only resulted in a 20 min later arrival. Then there was an ill passenger on the Lizzy Line train we tried to get out of T5 which resulted in a lot of waiting around only to finally get on the train they said was cancelled about an hour later.

Very nice sleep in my own bed.

Now off to the office for a day of tedium.
    Last edited by ladymuck; 8 April 2024, 07:01. Reason: autocorrect inserting errant apostrophes

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lots of Big Jet TV today, followed by the usual Sunday diet of border forces - which has switched sides to the obnoxious US variety rather than the polite Canadians - and NZ police.

This evening: new Surgeons and 24 Hours in A&E, and a couple of old ones of the latter

I put a towel wash on this afternoon, but forgot to set them drying until this evening. So they've still got ten minutes or so to go

Monday again tomorrow. Two weeks more till my week off

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Shed tidying complete for the day, but a long way to go. Hoping the plumber is coming tomorrow to start work. I’ll check with him when we meet up on dog walks.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea: steak and caramelised onion burger in a sesame bun with fries. Very tasty

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    A tad breezy down here overnight and today. Big walk earlier, but I’ve now resorted to tidying the shed by bringing boxes out of it, putting them in the lounge and re-organising. One bag of rubbish and one box of recycling so far.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Finally heading home today. HWMBO and I will be heading to the airport soon, after we've finished breakfast.
    Big Jet TV are waiting for you! Or maybe you're already there

Lunch has been a pork cutlet with apple sauce in a wholemeal bap with a bag of plain crisps

Accompanied by said Big Jet TV

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Sunday.

Wet.

Windy.

Grey.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 15 deg, 15.5 deg in the kitchen, 14.5 deg in the leanto.

1000 mBar, 29.53 in Hg, 750.1 Torr, 14.5 psi, (up from 995 last night), 76% RH (GDR hair), 71% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 14th of September 2019 NF had perambulated to the Chinese to find that the old new tv had been replaced by a new new tv which was 16:9 rather than the 4:3 of the old one, so the sides of adverts were now visible, trade however was not brisk due to "no money". I watched "Mercury rising", a Bruce Willis epic from before his problems, and discovered I'd watched "True Romance" a mere 4 months earlier, whereas NF watched "Trafik" and "Cloverfield" and "I am wrath".

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: It's a fair cop, bit of TWTW.

Walk (slightly abbreviated) walked. It rained on me a bit towards the last third. Ho hum.

Entertainment: some music thing on That's: listened to Springsteen, I don't listen to the black kiddie fiddler who seems to be featuring rather too much. <click>

"Na Clangairean" : the one about the solar eclipse with commentary in Gaelic. I got the gist. There was a big blue thing that wasn't in the 1970s version. It towed the Iron Chicken's nest out of the way so the Clangers could watch the eclipse (using proper eclipse glasses of course).

Freecell score: 60%, running average: 86%. I'm broken in some way today after days & days of 100%.

Tea: soup etc. stewed apple & custard.

Entertainment: PoTW.

Oz customs thing. S1. Nothing of innerest other than a Chinese woman being fined $1000 for not declaring over $10k. Nice little earner that. Oh, and it took 3 months for them to give the rest back.

Freecell score: 88%, running average: 86%. Bit better.

Y Detectif. More Welsh murderousness Yng Nghymraeg.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 April 2024, 22:04.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Sunny and windy. Lumps of fluff about. Currently 11 degrees with a high of 13 expected.

Finally heading home today. HWMBO and I will be heading to the airport soon, after we've finished breakfast.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Unadjusted barometer figure is not currently available because a recent iOS update seems to have broken my home-made app, so I need to update it
    991. The barometric pressure data comes from the altimeter, and it turns out iOS 17.4 now requires a certain set of permissions to access that

Leave a comment:

Working...
X