• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NickFitz
    replied
    Links are up

Twice, actually, but one of them's broken because of the wretched forum software

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Boring morning. Bluddy Santander wanted customer verification details inc certified copies of company registration and CT submission. Took me ages. Why they need all that when I've been with them for over 20 years I have no idea. BORING!

Where to go for wonky. Hmm.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Put 6 mouse traps into the attic on Saturday afternoon after hearing a bit of scratching.
    Went to check yesterday afternoon, 4 traps had gone off, a mouse in each one. Only one of the mice had actually managed to get to the peanut butter before being snapped.
    Couldn't be bothered to refill the empty one, so just put 3 of them back up, along with the other two that were still up there. Need to go up this morning to check.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    The person in the adjacent block who has breakfast delivered every day around this time just had breakfast delivered

I observed the handover from the kitchen window. Plain white bag, so it's not McDonalds. Some local café, maybe?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Overcast but dry and not windy this morning, managed a 9.37km stroll, which means I've already hit the 10k steps. Speaking of steps, I managed a new personal best of 25,524 steps yesterday.
    Now sitting in meetings for a few hours.
    Didn't see the plumber on the walk earlier, so I suspect he'll contact me later to tell us when he'll be round.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Cloudy start, but not really dark and gloomy, more of a filo pastry kind of cloud. Slightly cooler than it has been at 10°C with a target of 15° for the day, and the barometers are a little bit further on their journey back up at 993/1001mB

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Dry and bright, windy, fair amount of cloud. Currently 9 degrees with a high of 18 expected. Rain forecast this afternoon / evening. Forgot to look at my barometer but the weather app says it's at 1007 mBar

Our original flight home was cancelled but were easily rebooked onto an earlier service. This was delayed but only resulted in a 20 min later arrival. Then there was an ill passenger on the Lizzy Line train we tried to get out of T5 which resulted in a lot of waiting around only to finally get on the train they said was cancelled about an hour later.

Very nice sleep in my own bed.

Now off to the office for a day of tedium.
    Last edited by ladymuck; 8 April 2024, 07:01. Reason: autocorrect inserting errant apostrophes

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lots of Big Jet TV today, followed by the usual Sunday diet of border forces - which has switched sides to the obnoxious US variety rather than the polite Canadians - and NZ police.

This evening: new Surgeons and 24 Hours in A&E, and a couple of old ones of the latter

I put a towel wash on this afternoon, but forgot to set them drying until this evening. So they've still got ten minutes or so to go

Monday again tomorrow. Two weeks more till my week off

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Shed tidying complete for the day, but a long way to go. Hoping the plumber is coming tomorrow to start work. I’ll check with him when we meet up on dog walks.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea: steak and caramelised onion burger in a sesame bun with fries. Very tasty

Leave a comment:

Working...
X