• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kali View Post
    I received the draft accounts for my company through from my accountant at the weekend - I was trying to tally them up with my own spreadsheet last night. It was doing my head in - the best I got was within a few pounds. I guess thats why I pay an accoutant though

Do you think getting close but not spot on is good enough to accept the accounts?
    Not qualified to answer that one… If in doubt I’d err on the side of caution and go for bang on.
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Morning all

WFH today
      Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by kali View Post
        I received the draft accounts for my company through from my accountant at the weekend - I was trying to tally them up with my own spreadsheet last night. It was doing my head in - the best I got was within a few pounds. I guess thats why I pay an accoutant though

Do you think getting close but not spot on is good enough to accept the accounts?

That happens to me every year!!

Bloody accountants

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post

That happens to me every year!!

Bloody accountants
          I managed to get mine within £8.50, and then found areceipt for £8.50

Comment

Morning all

WFH today
            Good morning.

Wavey wave

WFH?
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              I managed to get mine within £8.50, and then found areceipt for £8.50
              If I did that, it would mean a £17 discrepancy.
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                Good morning.

Wavey wave

WFH?
                Working from home

although 'working' perhaps isn't the best term for it

Comment

Morning all

WFH today

Comment

I'm "busy" designing a PCB.

Again.

Sadly, I neglected to remember that I had to select the 2 layer option when doing the conversion from schematic to pcb...

With the result that it defaulted to 16 layers...

Ho hum.

That stopped the autorouter working on the Gnd and VCC routes, much to my joy...

Did those manually, by claw, in the end...

Comment

It's a modification of a design from a 1989 Elektor for a Weather Fax decoder thingie.

The 1989 Elektor version used an ADC0804 analogue to digital converter driving an UART (of sorts), whilst mine is using a PIC, which Has the A2D and the UART built in.

Whether it'll work, is entirely another matter...

Comment

Working...
                      X