• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Gloomy, grey, rainy morning out there

Not as windy as it has been, though not as warm either: currently 7°C with an expected high of 11° for a brief period late in the afternoon. The barometers are, unsurprisingly, down again at 983/991mB

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    HWMBO and I have been watching MasterChef and noticed a high proportion of IT workers taking part.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Watched an old episode of Police Interceptors earlier, but didn't bother with any more telly

Also did a bit of mucking around with SceneKit stuff. And then I read some more of Shepperton Babylon

Been raining a bit here but it seems to have stopped now. More due tomorrow though

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Monday.

Was dry: now raining.

Was wanly sunny: now grey.

Chilly in here at 14.9 deg, 15.5 in the kitchen, 14.5 in the leanto.

998.5 mBar, 29.486 in Hg, 748.94 Torr, 14.48 psi, (down from 1001 last night), 77% RH (GDR hair), 69% RH (Lidl electric).

Walk (unabbreviated) walked before breakfast in the futile hope of it not raining on me. Well it worked for half the walk.

Meanwhile on the 15th of September 2019 there was much reference to Sunday lunch, roast beef, Cheltenham, Modemetric (may they rest in peace), Robert Harris, The Second Sleep, Walter M Miller, A Canticle for Leibowitz, garden forks, honeysuckle, and The sunday shop.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about outrageous house insurance increases: 1000% anyone? .

Veronica Mars S1 E5 "You think you know somebody": the pinata one.

Tea: soup etc.

The Mentalist S2 E8 "His Red Right Hand": Red John's back.

NCIS S20 E11 "Bridges". Let's hope it's not another 3 way fecking crossover. It was ok apart from the lovey dovey stuff which was tedious.

"Night Hawks (1981)" with Sly Stallone and Rutger Hauer. For some reason ITV4+1 had a very odd aspect ratio so it rapidly went .

It's not showing edits again. Ho hum.

Smoke alarm just went off, randomly. So far as I'm aware the house isn't on fire. It may be infested with spiders.

Gosh. Just discovered I've been banned from the vintage radio site: the one that's frightened of cars and suchlike things with wheels.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 April 2024, 23:20.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Getting very windy down here again.
    An Acacia has lost one of its branches.
    Also caught on camera one of the local cats jumping up into the hedge to get at a blackbirds nest.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch was sausages in finger rolls. And tea was chicken and chips. Both very nice

I managed to find time to get the mundane laundry on this afternoon, so that's one less thing to deal with

And the gardener chap was here mowing the lawns. For some reason, he did the big one diagonally rather than back and forth, which seemed a rather convoluted process because of the flowerbed in the middle. Makes a change to have the stripes going that way though

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Links are up

Twice, actually, but one of them's broken because of the wretched forum software

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Boring morning. Bluddy Santander wanted customer verification details inc certified copies of company registration and CT submission. Took me ages. Why they need all that when I've been with them for over 20 years I have no idea. BORING!

Where to go for wonky. Hmm.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Put 6 mouse traps into the attic on Saturday afternoon after hearing a bit of scratching.
    Went to check yesterday afternoon, 4 traps had gone off, a mouse in each one. Only one of the mice had actually managed to get to the peanut butter before being snapped.
    Couldn't be bothered to refill the empty one, so just put 3 of them back up, along with the other two that were still up there. Need to go up this morning to check.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    The person in the adjacent block who has breakfast delivered every day around this time just had breakfast delivered

I observed the handover from the kitchen window. Plain white bag, so it's not McDonalds. Some local café, maybe?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X