• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Single again (probably)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Burdock View Post
    Anyway, I am going to refresh and recharge, and then hit the market again in a few weeks. Co-incidentally I'm on the bench from Monday, so I'll be checking Jobserve with one eye, and DatingDirect with the other
    Good man.... best advice is to now shag all her mates

HTH

Leave a comment:

• richard-af
    replied
    Buy a Thai Bride. She love you long time, and do the vacuuming, too.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Hi guys,

Thanks again for the wise words.

It's all gone permanently pear-shaped.

She has made it clear that it's over this time. I tried to persuade her otherwise, but to be honest, my heart wasn't in it. I would be happy to carry on going out with her, but she wants more than that (fair enough). Maybe in time my feelings would change, but not right now.

Anyway, I am going to refresh and recharge, and then hit the market again in a few weeks. Co-incidentally I'm on the bench from Monday, so I'll be checking Jobserve with one eye, and DatingDirect with the other
    Ah honey - it sounds like its just one of those things. The timing wasn't right for you, and you can't be bullied into "settling down" if it doesn't feel right. Most men get nudged into it, but only because they're nearly ready. You dont sound like you're even half ready, so you did the right thing.

You sound like such a top bloke Burdock - you'll not be single for long if you dont want to be

Leave a comment:

• Burdock
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    So no update then? You ok? Did you manage to work it all out? Or have you been on a weeklong lash fest?
    Originally posted by richard-af View Post
    Burdock's a bit quiet on this one.
    Hi guys,

Thanks again for the wise words.

It's all gone permanently pear-shaped.

She has made it clear that it's over this time. I tried to persuade her otherwise, but to be honest, my heart wasn't in it. I would be happy to carry on going out with her, but she wants more than that (fair enough). Maybe in time my feelings would change, but not right now.

Leave a comment:

• richard-af
    replied
    Burdock's a bit quiet on this one.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied

Nicely said as always SA!
    So no update then? You ok? Did you manage to work it all out? Or have you been on a weeklong lash fest?

Leave a comment:

• richard-af
    replied
    What's the latest, then? Living in the car, yet?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    This is all getting a bit "Our Tune"
    Maybe not. There may be questions as to Mrs Diver's true identity.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    I met Mrs OG 11 years ago (we were so young!). We moved in together 7 years ago and we've been married 2 years. The only change it's made is that we feel closer. This weekend, she's off doing her own thing, and next weekend I'm off to see friends on my own. Commitment doesn't stop you being an individual.
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    When your wife is your best friend, you have it all

Besides they are a calming influence and usually manage to stop our more ridiculous excesses
    This is all getting a bit "Our Tune"

That said, I met Mrs F 13 years ago, started going out December 1994, engaged November 1995, married August 1999. Even the kids don't really stop us doing what we want (it does remove the spontaneity though ) - we have nice parents who look after them for us - we had two weeks in Hawaii a couple of years ago, and a week in Goa this year with no kids.

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied

Nicely said as always SA!
    Yeah, she has a very poetic way about her!!!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X