• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Had a Dilbert week!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moose423956
    I've just started a permie job at the place where I was contracting for 6 months. I make a point never to burn bridges, you never know when you might need to revisit old haunts.

The worrying thing is I don't remember saying what it was I was supposed to have said, and it doesn't sound like the sort of thing I would say anyway. But I trust the person who took offence 100%, so I must have said it.
    Well sometimes people hear what they want to hear. I have looked at what some people have done afterwards and really questioned if we were in the same meeting.
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked
      Well sometimes people hear what they want to hear. I have looked at what some people have done afterwards and really questioned if we were in the same meeting.
      Just done it again. Asked someone a simple question about training courses, and got accused of putting undue pressure on her. Maybe it's me. Or maybe people are too sensitive.

Comment

Just done it again. Asked someone a simple question about training courses, and got accused of putting undue pressure on her. Maybe it's me. Or maybe people are too sensitive.
        Perhaps it's not what you say, it's the way you say it!

Did you have her bent over a desk with your hands around her throat at the time?
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

I've seen & had similar scenarios with permies, easily upset by bad contractor man- the offices seem to be run as clubs, you're either in or your out.
          Looking back there are a few occasions when I wish I'd thumped permies for being such a prima donnas but eventually you learn to rise above it, think of how much more you make than them & just get on with the job in hand.

Being a permie yourself it must be more frustrating not being able to do an inward sneer
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
          X