• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A silly thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put hurricanes to good use

Keep getting all these hurricanes with common Christian names.

Why don't the weather bureaus offset some of their costs by selling the names as adverts? You could have Hurricane Tescos, Hurricane Barclays etc.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Keep getting all these hurricanes with common Christian names.

Why don't the weather bureaus offset some of their costs by selling the names as adverts? You could have Hurricane Tescos, Hurricane Barclays etc.
      hurricane IBM, anderson consulting, CapGemini....... etc, etc
      Great idea! - i'm in

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        hurricane IBM, anderson consulting, CapGemini....... etc, etc
        Great idea! - i'm in
        Hurricane G4S promised a lot but failed to deliver.

Hurricane Crapita wasn't even a hurricane but just strong wind.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Quick bollux

I couldn't think of anything else to do at the art group.

bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

bloggoth

Comment

Using red button to see news headlines while munching breakfast as usual.

One article in the science section was a UN warning that we are nowhere near meeting our CO2 emission targets to reduce global warming.

Another was about how dinosaurs suffered a catastrophic winter after an asteroid hit the Earth, throwing 300 billion tons of sulphur into the atmosphere. Temperatures were below zero for years.

Surely that's the answer to global warming! Just detonate some nuclear missiles loaded with sulphur in the atmosphere every year to cool us down!
              bloggoth

Comment

Make halloween scary again

As I said in general, we got no Trick or Treaters again this year, leaving us with a box of chocolates to scoff. Probably parents tell their kids to stay away from our house because they don't like the look of that creepy old bloke.

Halloween is all getting a bit boring due to lack of variety in the monsters, the vast majority of people dress up as zombies. With so many corpses wandering around eating brains they have stopped being scary. Yet us creepy old blokes still frighten people. We need to bring back the creep factor and I have a great idea for next year! A Jimmy Saville zombie mask! I think it will be really popular.

bloggoth

Comment

What is the difference between flirting and harassment?

Should it be made illegal for men to make the first move on a woman?

Comment

Senior Satnavs

Brought a Satnav last week. Only tried it once but it seems really good.

Technology like this is not used as widely as it should be. Maybe if one could create and save maps of much smaller areas, like a house and garden, it would be really useful for senior citizens who are losing their memory.

PS If you think I drew her right hand the wrong way round you are wrong. Hand reversal syndrome is quite common among aged woman.
                    bloggoth

Comment

Chastity belts and....

These days "sexual abuse " seems to include a light touch on the leg. Going by that definition, I've been sexually abused three times in
                      about the last three years.. Oh! The trauma! Calling the police now. Or maybe I should give it fifteen years.

Maybe we need to protect people by bringing back chastity belts. And add chastity knee pads, chastity hats, chastity shirts, chastity shoes, chastity gloves, chastity...... etc. You get the picture.

Last edited by xoggoth; 4 November 2017, 17:25.
                      bloggoth

Comment

Working...
                      X