• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A silly thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah! General settings! More excitement in my life.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Ah! General settings! More excitement in my life.

Comment

General settings can order Major disruption, resulting in Corporal discomfort

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          General settings can order Major disruption, resulting in Corporal discomfort
          Didn't you get that the last time you visited NLyUK?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Didn't you get that the last time you visited NLyUK?
            that's Private information, but i DID have to have it Lanced

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              that's Private information, but i DID have to have it Lanced
              Lucky you. I needed it lanced and a course of antibiotics.....

Comment

I used to love horror stories but now they appear to be such utter crap.

Was watching something on Horror Channel tonight about a couple haunted by an evil spirit that was released when a science experiment went wrong.

It starts off with the experiment - there are some loud bonks and the lights go off. Hmmm. Then we switch to a young couple in a posh house, not quite sure of the connection, who are clearly being haunted. The cactus she just brought in the supermarket turns brown. Then they find the front door open. Then he finds some stains on the kitchen table. TERRIFYING!

I tell my puppet parrot "I'll give it another ten minutes " and get a vodka. Ho hum. Next door's dog falls ill. Then they find some fungus on the floorboards - looks like dry rot to me. Then she is having a shower , nowt so see damn it! This is clearly a PG13 horror film.

Ah! Maybe we are getting to some real horror! She is out of the shower and staring at something with a horrified expression! I set it on pause and get another vodka for me and my parrot. Sit down, press play. Aaaah! The evil spirit has been in her cupboard and tied knots in her clothes! FFS! That's it! Switched off!

Is that the best evil spirits can do these days? Oh look, there's a bit of fluff on the carpet, must be a malevolent demon did that!
                bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Lucky you. I needed it lanced and a course of antibiotics.....
                  Reminds me of that, er clinic, I went to once and they stick a cotton bud in the er um. Painful!
                  bloggoth

Comment

Safety issues

They tell you that a daily walk is good for you, then give you a lot of warnings about the dangers. Weil's disease from tick bites, cancer from bracken spores, heat exhaustion, hypothermia, falling over, being attacked by cattle or dogs, getting caught in a wildfire etc. etc.

I like walking but clearly I need to get some better kit.

bloggoth

Comment

Passed a Woodlands Trust wood the other day. They are usually open access so I looked online to see if it was worth walking in. Looked great, with big lake in the middle. Was searching online for places to park nearby and one reference was on a gay cottaging website. Why are these things always male? A lesbian cottaging site would certainly be worth viewing.

Just brought a Satnav. That's an idea! What about a set of rude Satnav maps that take you to rude places? "At the traffic lights turn left. Stop at the Church. The brothel is immediately opposite"
                      bloggoth

Comment

Working...
                      X