• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A silly thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about next weeks lottery numbers.....
    Yeh, but if millions of people were doing it they wouldn't win much.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Yeh, but if millions of people were doing it they wouldn't win much.
      Bruce Almighty....

Comment

Useful creatures

There are many horrible parasites that infect man, from those embarrassing Threadworms up your bum to horrible Guinea Worms that bore holes in your flesh.

On the other hand, there are some invertebrates that have proved useful in medicine, like medicinal leeches to prevent blood clots and maggots to remove dead flesh. Given the advancements in genetic engineering and medical science generally, it is surprising that scientists have not found other ways to use invertebrates in effective treatments.

Last edited by xoggoth; 3 October 2017, 20:16.
        bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

PS I'm not sure what sex that patient is either.
          bloggoth

Comment

Lots of news (or is it fake news?) about fake news on the Las Vegas shooting, including identity of the killer.

I have absolute proof that it was Jean-Claude Juncker who did it. Or perhaps Ken Clarke.

PS Surely fake news about fake news would be true news. Simple maths -1 * -1 = +1.
            bloggoth

Comment

PS I'm not sure what sex that patient is either.
              You are not supposed to care! Are you trying to upset transgender people?

Comment

Yeh, I did think of saying that as a good excuse for not bothering to alter it. It looks rather like Joe Brand.
                bloggoth

Comment

That's odd! If you visit CUK without logging in the times of posts are an hour earlier than actual. Log in & they are ok.
                  bloggoth

Comment

That's odd! If you visit CUK without logging in the times of posts are an hour earlier than actual. Log in & they are ok.
                    It’s in Settings... General Settings.

When you browse without logging in you’re probably seeing GMT. When you log in, your settings will have “automatically adjust for daylight saving”, so you see the actual time.

...at a guess
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      It’s in Settings... General Settings.

When you browse without logging in you’re probably seeing GMT. When you log in, your settings will have “automatically adjust for daylight saving”, so you see the actual time.

...at a guess
                      NF is almost redundant. Just teach WTFH to drink real ale and you can fook off.....

Comment

Working...
                      X