• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 Insurance/Reviews: QDOS v IPSE+ v IR35 Shield

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR35 Insurance/Reviews: QDOS v IPSE+ v IR35 Shield

I have paid for IPSE+ for years (thankfully not had to use them), used QDOS for Insurances and Contract reviews, only recently heard of IR35 Shield. Any I have missed?

Since it's all change from next month, maybe can have a comparison thread of related products?

Sorry to mods if this has been done, CBA to search, it's friday afternoon and I have beer to drink.

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

None because for future contracts it won't matter - the end client decides.
    Last edited by eek; 12 March 2021, 17:05.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Ha! You know what l completely forgot that. Ignore me I'll just carry on drinking.

qh

Comment

Yeah, end client decides, else it's BAU (small clients or fully overseas supply chains) in which case you have the same points of comparison as now.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
          Ha! You know what l completely forgot that. Ignore me I'll just carry on drinking.

qh
          You forgot the biggest upset in contracting since IR35 was invented?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            None because for future contracts it won't matter - the end client decides.
            Is it still worth paying for insurance for the next 7 years (or whatever the length is that HMRC use) incase HMRC investigate contracts before April 2021?

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

Is it still worth paying for insurance for the next 7 years (or whatever the length is that HMRC use) incase HMRC investigate contracts before April 2021?
              Up to you - move to a different contract and I suspect (99% certainty) that HMRC will have far more interesting issues to resolve.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

You forgot the biggest upset in contracting since IR35 was invented?
                I'd had a few sherberts.

qh

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

This is what I have been wondering. I have been forced inside IR35 and via a brolly (same end customer) but I want to keep my ltd company running in the event that magical moment occurs when outside IR35 contracts surface again. Keeping the business running with no income will require cutting back all non-essential expenditure and the Qdos insurance is a fair chunk each month.

Curious what others are panning on doing.

Comment

Originally posted by GreboUK View Post

This is what I have been wondering. I have been forced inside IR35 and via a brolly (same end customer) but I want to keep my ltd company running in the event that magical moment occurs when outside IR35 contracts surface again. Keeping the business running with no income will require cutting back all non-essential expenditure and the Qdos insurance is a fair chunk each month.

Curious what others are panning on doing.
                    Outside to inside with the same agency and client? I doubt any insurance will help you - as it will look like the client has thought you were inside all along.

Comment

Working...
                    X